• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
  • Interests:1996 GC8 WRX
    Gym and studying fitness
    Xbox One : Lloyd Braunnn

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:53 PM

Hey guys! Quick question!

Ok so I'm currently running a turbo smart manual boost T on my 1995 gc8 wrx and I recently installed a front mount kit and in the process I had to remove the stock air box...

I  am currently just running some pantyhose over mesh so I don't suck up any chunks in its place but still get good air flow and I have wound down my boost t all the way so I should be running stock boost... 12-13psi max with a little creep on cool days...

Well anyways, today I was in third gear and hitting boost. The needle kept creeping until it reached around 18psi and I eased right off... It was still climbing having only reached around 4500rpms... Def don't want to be running such high numbers.. 15-16psi max boost after I upgrade my fuel pump haha....

I have tried adjusting the boost T both ways and even set it in the middle and still hitting well over 15psi.... I honestly don't know how much boost it's running as I eased off after 18psi but it was still climbing steadily...

So whats the go? Is it my boost t? Is it my front mount? is it from all the extra air from no filter?

#2 Miguel

Miguel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:37 AM

Wait, you're running pantyhose in place of an air filter?

MjC8i57.jpg

#3 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 21 November 2014 - 01:44 PM

Excuse the off topic comment, but that signature is awesome Miguel!

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#4 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:01 PM

Depending on how good the ECU is (I know its only a 95 model, so its probably pretty basic), there should be some sort of boost cut there somewhere - I think on mine it was somewhere around 19psi, but dont quote me. Boost T's are renowned for not properly controlling boost - its likely something like that. Why not re-install the factory boost control system until you've sorted the air box situation? But also - I'd be rethinking the pantyhose filter setup - at least give it some sort of decent filtration and stick a pod on it.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users