aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:32 PM

blue-subaru-brz-wide.jpg

Subaru boss confirms the Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S/Toyota GT86 will get a complete model change soon.

In a recent interview with Automotive News, President of Fuji Heavy Industries (FHI), Yasuyuki Yoshinaga, confirmed a new-generation Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S/Toyota GT86 is coming. Fans have been wondering when Subaru and Toyota would come out with the new model change for the rear-drive two-door sports coupe, and it looks like it’s going to be sooner rather than later. FHI president Yoshinaga says the relationship between the two automakers will continue to produce another generation model.

Toyota and Subaru partnership

The relationship between Subaru and Toyota is a partnership that will continue to be strong because Toyota owns 16.5 percent of Fuji Heavy Industries Ltd., maker of Subaru vehicles. Subaru and Toyota do not have any new projects beyond the BRZ/FR-S/GT86 sports coupe, but they do have plans to continue to develop the current model beyond this generation. Toyota and Subaru will develop the new-generation BRZ/FR-S/GT86 together and combine their product and engineering technologies like they did when they developed the sports car in 2012.

Partnership focus changes

FHI formed a basic agreement from the business alliance with Toyota on October 2005. But that ends as the 2016 Toyota Camry will be the last model year that Subaru produces for their Japanese business partner. Production of the 2016 Toyota Camry will end in the fall of 2016. Now Subaru and Toyota will shift the partnership from production to product and engineering. The Subaru boss says the partnership is changing and said, “We want to continue that shift.”

A new generation is coming

When asked by Automotive News if a next generation of the BRZ is planned, Yasuyuki Yoshinaga, confirmed a new-generation Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S/Toyota GT86 is coming. He said, “The full-model change of the BRZ will happen, but we have not decided about other new projects.” He also said Toyota will be Subaru's partner for the next generation. Yoshinaga went on to say, “Yes, of course. We cannot produce or develop the BRZ without the support of Toyota. That is our hope and intent, but we haven't made a contract or such yet. The BRZ is an important model for Subaru, so we will continue to develop the BRZ with Toyota.”

The first generation Subaru BRZ/Scion FR-S/Toyota GT86 is a great drivers' car which was Subaru and Toyota’s goal all along. The rear-drive two-door sports coupe offers a great sports car design, low vehicle weight, an ultra-low center of gravity and precision steering and it offers a low starting price. Of course Yasuyuki Yoshinaga did not reveal any details about the new model, but Subaru and Toyota will produce a next-generation model and we will likely see it arrive in 2016 as a 2017 model. But don’t look for it to have AWD, or be offered in a convertible variant. Will it come with a new turbocharged boxer engine? Stay tuned.

This info and more can be found at: http://www.torquenews.com/

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#2 Hypnotic

Hypnotic

Everything you see is an hallucination

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,835 posts
  • Interests:long walks behind abandoned buildings.

Posted 09 December 2014 - 01:39 PM

I'm actually looking forward to see what comes of it, as I am now bored from the current model.

As soon as she hands it to you, slowly take of your pants, then, while staring her straight in the eyes rub it against the tip of you penis, while continuing your painfully intense gaze whisper to her;

"My eye is watering, this might be a bit hot"

I should just convert to single, right?

Horsepower Factory

Revzone Auto Tuning Centre

#3 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:35 PM

+1.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#4 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:12 AM

I'm actually looking forward to see what comes of it, as I am now bored from the current model.

There's two of these downstairs. A satin white brz with sti rims that looks sex and a charcoal GT86 which looks boring. I'm keen, perfect family car, don't even need child lock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users