#22 Krypton

Krypton

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Snow,Cars,Video games,ect

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:27 AM

The only thing having I can see having problems with for the cruise control is this green wire that goes in and back out the ecu. Attached File  image.jpg   134.44KB   15 downloads

#23 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

I'll have to check my notes when I get home, but the wiring diagram I have here says all the GB wires are power going to FB-20, which powers back-up light switch, Cruise, AT Inhibitor, Muffler actuator, Power Window relay, Wiper Deicer Relay & Timer.

EDIT: There's also a few other GB's going to the ECU for various things - need to know the pin numbers

#24 Krypton

Krypton

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:20 AM

I'll have to check my notes when I get home, but the wiring diagram I have here says all the GB wires are power going to FB-20, which powers back-up light switch, Cruise, AT Inhibitor, Muffler actuator, Power Window relay, Wiper Deicer Relay & Timer.

EDIT: There's also a few other GB's going to the ECU for various things - need to know the pin numbers

I think I might be owing a few beers around haha

#25 Krypton

Krypton

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:34 PM

Went and checked how the car is going today and it shouldn't be to far off. Other than working out the door looms.
Attached File  image.jpg   142.7KB   9 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   110.8KB   9 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   139.75KB   9 downloads

#26 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:35 PM

Is the rest of the blue being painted orange eventually?

tIeW8DE.png

#27 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:17 AM

Looking good... 

I just checked my notes. PIns on the controller box (B94):

B94:12 GB to power (FB-20).

B94:19 GB to the gearbox speed sensor (B17:1)

That speed sensor wire, B17:1 also fans out to the dash (B36:E4 on the SMJ) and ECM (B135:24).. so it sounds like the one you're looking at.

After lots of tracing, I worked out the cruise is pretty isolated from everything else and pretty much stands alone.

Cruise box gets power and speed sensor, and shares the brake switch with the stop lights. It is also wired in parallel with other stuff to the data ports (test connector and SSM).

Cruise switch, clutch switch are dedicated and wire straight to the cruise controller, as does the actuator pump.

#28 Krypton

Krypton

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:12 AM

Is the rest of the blue being painted orange eventually?

At some point it will get done I want to go a orange over black. But that might be 12months yet. Just thought best bet to get the bay done now

Looking good... 

I just checked my notes. PIns on the controller box (B94):

B94:12 GB to power (FB-20).

B94:19 GB to the gearbox speed sensor (B17:1)

That speed sensor wire, B17:1 also fans out to the dash (B36:E4 on the SMJ) and ECM (B135:24).. so it sounds like the one you're looking at.

After lots of tracing, I worked out the cruise is pretty isolated from everything else and pretty much stands alone.
Cruise box gets power and speed sensor, and shares the brake switch with the stop lights. It is also wired in parallel with other stuff to the data ports (test connector and SSM).
Cruise switch, clutch switch are dedicated and wire straight to the cruise controller, as does the actuator pump.

I did put the components in and I will prob look at doing it in at later stage. For the moment I just need the daily driver back. Don't worry it's not going to waste. This info is much needed as it will go in.

#29 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:49 AM

At some point it will get done I want to go a orange over black. But that might be 12months yet. Just thought best bet to get the bay done now
I did put the components in and I will prob look at doing it in at later stage. For the moment I just need the daily driver back. Don't worry it's not going to waste. This info is much needed as it will go in.

haha...  sounds like mine.

All wired in, but I haven't got around to finding a spot for the vac actuator &/or getting a longer-cabled (WRX?) version so it'll reach the throttle body.

#30 Krypton

Krypton

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:23 PM

Attached File  image.jpg   163.44KB   12 downloads
Well engine bay is done driveline is done just a few more things left. A few wires put the exhaust back on. Going to swap my old rotors on the others have had it. Bleed breaks so forth. Would add more pics but they are all coming in upside down and sideways still. Still canot believe this is in my car.

#31 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:37 PM

Wo, swell work there mister.

Really keen to see this Gold outback when it's fully resprayed. Loving the colour.

#32 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:53 PM

Mad work and quickly too.

Need some specific rims to work with that color. :)

OEM+

#33 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:35 PM

awesome stuff.  You're really going to like it.

Mine still puts a smile on my dial every time I drive it.

#34 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 10:24 PM

@Mark, I think WRX 17s in Black would work well, anything but those stockies.

Keeping it lifted OP?

#35 Krypton

Krypton

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:15 AM

After owning the car for so long I keep looking at the engine bay all coloured orange thinking that looks awsome, it's just what I would love. Then I have to remind myself that it's my car I'm looking at. As for the rest of it I want to paint it orange over a gloss black. As for looking at getting some much needed wheels I was thinking the stock xv rims just for something a little different. Opinions?
Attached File  image.jpg   94.55KB   10 downloads
Attached File  image.jpg   97.47KB   10 downloads
As for hight the the half cut came with bilstiens. As buy the pics it hasn't dropped to being overly low. But has dropped it to a stock car hight. Also made it really stif, can't wait to see how it goes in the corners now without feeling like it's going to role over.

#36 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:21 AM

I personally cant stand XV rims. The black and machined face just screams Bob Jane $400 rims. Not my car or rims so if you like them go for it 

tIeW8DE.png

#37 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:34 AM

Yeah XV rims are a no go in my books, look ugly on everything, especially XVs, even saw some fully sprayed in black the other day, still looked bad. Saw them on a Gen 4 Lib as well and were vomit worthy.

There's a plethora of nice Subaru wheels that will look good on the OBK sprayed black. If you really like the VX snowflake style I'd look at Gen 3 Blitzen or 2014 Foz XT wheels, which are what I'm after at the moment. Depending on offsets etc you could also look at SH XT rims as well, for that solid chunky rim look.

I think Mark's (CRUISNS) Gen 3 Etune wagon looked great with dark WRX 17"s, another great combo.

#38 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 12:57 AM

The late model Wrx wheels with a bunch of spokes look good and fit nicely. Look tits in gloss black too

tIeW8DE.png

#39 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 01:03 AM

Also when you say Orange over Black, do you mean Blue is going to Orange and Silver trim will be Black, or all Orange with Black wheels and highlights?

#40 AB501UT!0N

AB501UT!0N

Blitzen...

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,100 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Fish and IT!

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:34 PM

Ah awsome seems to be a couple from Bendigo i'll have to keep an eye out on the road. I think i may have found the problem regoing thro some threads. and i have put it down to the light's in the visor but ill double check in the morn, to late now. And still have now idea what colors haha. But other wise i think its all going pritty smooth.

Ended up taking it to my machinic as it is my daily driver. Going in helping after work. I would love to do this myself but just havnt got the time to have it off the road.

Sounds good and I shall keep an eye out for your beast And regarding wheels I would personally get either some wrx wheels if wanting to save some money or there is a set of forged SSR wheels on gumtree for $500 with some almost dead tyres :) if u need links to wheels I'm ya man!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users