• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mosti

Mosti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:15 PM

I decided to do something productive with the car today and went about removing the TMIC so I can clean out all of the dead foliage that the previous owner had somehow accumulated under it. While I was doing this I thought I'd have a bit of a look around to make sure there were no split hoses etc. I noticed on my turbo, where a assumed the engravings would be, that there is nothing engraved. Is this normal for the VF46 or am I running an unknown turbo?

ITP23TBl.jpg

I also noticed this, definitely doesn't look normal

YvhSZAbl.jpg

#2 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:26 PM

The oil leak or the plastic thingo? The plastic thingo is there to hold the clamp in place while you do it up, I'm pretty sure the B4 had them as well. Surprised you haven't seen them. As for the oil leak, no idea man. Strange the turbo doesn't have the stamps, but they could be on another position on the turbo.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#3 Mosti

Mosti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:02 PM

The oil leak or the plastic thingo? The plastic thingo is there to hold the clamp in place while you do it up, I'm pretty sure the B4 had them as well. Surprised you haven't seen them. As for the oil leak, no idea man. Strange the turbo doesn't have the stamps, but they could be on another position on the turbo.

I never fiddled with all that much in the B4, especially in the engine.

#4 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:06 PM

Ah, no dramas man, just thought you would have. But yes, they are just a tab to hold the loose hose clamp in so you can do them up easily.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#5 Mosti

Mosti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:26 PM

Thanks mate. No engravings on the turbo are worrying me a bit. It has the usual IHITurbo on the front of the turbo. Just nothing to say what the turbo is

#6 Miguel

Miguel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:20 PM

Rebuilt/highflowed sometime in the past?

MjC8i57.jpg

#7 Cam.

Cam.

OEM+

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,906 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:27 PM

Looks like somebody has grinded off the info...Weird.

All of these turbos look the same :P

Asb2OgK.jpg?1

#8 Mosti

Mosti

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 04:59 AM

This is where the engravings SHOULD be

Attached Files

#9 Miguel

Miguel

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 788 posts

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:57 PM

Yes, so if it has been rebuilt to spec other than standard it may have been ground off so if it is rebuilt in future the wrong parts aren't ordered.

MjC8i57.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users