#1 DanTheMan224

DanTheMan224

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:MY Subaru!!!! haha

Posted 26 January 2015 - 09:25 PM

Hey guys.

im currently planning on making blast pipes, pig pipes for my n/a subaru impreza RS.

i currently have a 2.5 inch catback exhaust and was wondering either going for 2.5 or 3 inch pipes for the rear, i know if you have a 3 inch exhaust all the way through a n/a subbie it will loose alot of low end power, but being the diff back part of the exhaust would it be better or loose power with 2.5 or 3 inch dual pig pipes. thankyou. i put a photo up so you know what i mean. :) 

#2 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 10:41 AM

So you want to delete your muffler and replace it with 2 x straight through pipes.....

Pretty sure not street legal. Also certain angles on exhaust tips are illegal. Would be fine for track, if that's what you're using it for.

Get twin tip muffler, play around with tip angles to get desired look, save money on defects.

#3 Josh.

Josh.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,171 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:11 AM

You will also save people from bleeding ears.

#4 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,751 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 27 January 2015 - 11:15 AM

Not sure how much of a difference in pipe diameter would make on a n/a 2.5.

I fitted UEL headers to mine and have played with various combinations of after market and standard exhausts and there was almost no difference.

If you are talking straight through pipes from the cat all the way to the outlet, then I say go ahead. I'll give you a month before you: (1) Attract the attention of the local constabulary or (2) The volume and drone of the system makes you go mad.

UEL headers -> cat -> resonator -> sport muffler will give you a WRX sounding system that will not attract attention nor give you the shits.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: exhaust, pig pipes, blast pipes

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users