52 replies to this topic

#1 Adictions

Adictions

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:02 AM

I thought i would make a topic as i'm starting to a little to it and to tell the little story of how i bought it.

About 4 months ago we found the car on Carsales and my dad was in the area so he went to have a look. when he went their, the car was on a hoist at a Subaru wreckers, with no transmission (sent of to get new bearings) we were told it was sold to them after it had blown head gaskets and they put a engine in it with less Kms on it as it was easy for them to do, with new head gaskets, rear main seal, timing belt, clutch ,thermostat and he gave us a 3 month warranty. we went back later on when it was all together to drive it with my dad as i was still on Ls. Ended up buying it.

A week after buying it i went out to check over the car abit after it had done some Kms. Pulled the dipstick out to see nothing on it :/ drained the oil to check how much was actually was in it and it only had  2 lt. dad complaint to the seller and he was very appologetic blamed it on human error, gave us new oil and filter to change. after we changed it the oil level kept dropping and the back of the car was getting covered in oil. Ended up getting another engine in it because of the warranty and i have been happy with it since.

Mods done so far:

Poineer double din headunit.

Fusion under seat sub.

LED dash, climate and roof lights

Spec B 18" wheels

20mm Rear sway bay

Leather interior swap

What i hope to do in future:

New tint

bilstiens

change headlight globes

do something with horrid badges

clear indicator lens

Attached File  WP_000110.jpg   105.07KB   29 downloads

might ad more pics later on :)

H1BI8Fb.jpg

#2 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:26 AM

Hi & welcome.

Nice the seller didn't give you grief with the engine.

#3 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:39 AM

Sucks to hear about the initial stuff around but seems to have gone in your favour.

Enjoy in good health :)

IM47Gcv.jpg

#4 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:42 AM

Welcome. This is the one from Subabits yeah?

tIeW8DE.png

#5 Adictions

Adictions

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 09:48 AM

Hi & welcome.

Nice the seller didn't give you grief with the engine.

yea he took it alot better then i thought he would. the car was only there for 1 day to, dropped it of early in the morning and picked it up that night.

yes it was from Subabits.

H1BI8Fb.jpg

#6 crjohnson

crjohnson

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 11:34 AM

what model is the under seat sub? I've been thinking about getting 1 for my outback. Is it an 8"? amp size? Glad your motor got sorted, keep an eye on those head gaskets!

#7 Adictions

Adictions

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 12:02 PM

what model is the under seat sub? I've been thinking about getting 1 for my outback. Is it an 8"? amp size? Glad your motor got sorted, keep an eye on those head gaskets!

its the fusion CP-AS1080 8" claimed 600 watt sub with inbuilt amp. Bought it for $175 with all the wiring of ebay. I never really have my music up very loud but its surprisingly powerfull. I have never had distortion but it does struggle on some songs really deep bass (just not very loud on really deep bass. 90% its fine). I think it does really when considering most others are above $400. just remember that they are never going to be as good as a full size sub for loud deep bass.

H1BI8Fb.jpg

#8 Adictions

Adictions

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 04:01 PM

Plastidiped wood trim. brightens up the cabin a bit  ;) also I made the shift boot not long after i got it.

Attached File  silver.JPG   85.46KB   18 downloads

The coulor the dash came out. White 5 smd led's. Its weird but better then the green and it's not noticeably uneven.

Attached File  this.JPG   56.34KB   18 downloads

dat camera dou

Doing a lot of Km's now and getting 8L per hundred in peak hour traffic through the city. Surprising for a kinda old awd.

H1BI8Fb.jpg

#9 RacerX

RacerX

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Gaming.....

Posted 08 February 2015 - 05:48 PM

What colour is that plast dip??
That's good mileage, wish I got something like that, mines like 9.8-10L per 100km in heavy traffic at best
Is the colour of the dash now actually white or has it got a green kinda colour to it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#10 Adictions

Adictions

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 February 2015 - 06:07 PM

It looks alot like the brushed aloy panels. Just silver colour it has abit of texture to it but no green. Used to get 12 l around town just slow moving freeway it does well.

Sent from my Lumia 610 using Tapatalk

H1BI8Fb.jpg

#11 crjohnson

crjohnson

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 08:48 PM

Good colour choice, pretty similar to mine! Looks good

#12 Adictions

Adictions

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 01:53 PM

polished and waxed.

got some spec b wheels with ku31 tires aswell. they look good but i so needs to be lowered. the smaller tires stiffen the car up a bit to which is nice.

one of the LED dash lights went out. Time to pull the dash apart again:( think i will put in proper blue globes in next, not cheap LEDs, and change climate control to blue aswell, make it all match.  annoying how the climate screens stays green but

Attached File  WP_000226.jpg   173.49KB   25 downloads

H1BI8Fb.jpg

#13 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:36 PM

Climate digital display is actually white, but the lens over it is green tinted.

OEM+

#14 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 06:48 PM

Matt - she looks so nice and shiny.

As a first upgrade, can I suggest you find yourself a fatter rear swaybar.

I've been quite astounded with the improvement on my outback - it may be my combination of heavier engine and softer B4 front sway was particularly bad - but it really addresses the boaty back-end and kneel on the outside front behaviour the outback tends to have with no load in the back.

Even low speed turns in tight roundabouts now work as expected, instead of scrubbing with crazy understeer.

#15 Adictions

Adictions

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 07:26 PM

yea I was thinking about that today, I was looking at the skinny stock one with the wheels of today. i think i would put bilstiens or liberty suspension in it first, they would help handling and looks for not much more money. want to get the jerky on/of  throttle and maybe new tint sorted first.

H1BI8Fb.jpg

#16 Adictions

Adictions

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:25 PM

So a small update as it has been a long time but not much has happened with with the car lately, I just changed the dash to blue narva globes as one of the cheap eBay leds broke. went away for Easter weekend camping to woodside beach. put the original wheels back on and went offroading a bit in it and with a new jeep grand cherokee. nothing serious just soft sand and a path that got it close on ground clearance. It was surprising on the soft sand with road tires and good fun. glad i can say the car has been used for what its made for now with the intention to lower it.

Attached File  V__AB21.jpg   108.49KB   16 downloads

hoping to finally get bilstiens now just worried about what insurance will think,it alreaddy cost me $1800 a year, but they didn't care about the wheels.

H1BI8Fb.jpg

#17 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:38 PM

Big River is nice. :)

OEM+

#18 Adictions

Adictions

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 05:49 PM

OOPS, made a mistake , it was at woodside beach, all fixed now. I have gone to big river a few times before and loved it but i was in a friends car. I almost ended up going there this weekend. wish i did but i had really short notice. sorry for the mistake.

H1BI8Fb.jpg

#19 Adictions

Adictions

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 27 June 2015 - 07:39 PM

Got the rear sway bar in today. haven't goon for a proper drive in it yet but even when driving normally it feel noticeably better, the ride barely changed at all as well. Hopefully go for a good drive tomorrow. Got a new rear door card to replace the damage one as well. Took the muffler out to get the sway bar out, had to start it with it out haha, sounded a lot more aggressive then i was expecting.

I have finally ordered bilstiens and can't wait to get them, not much longer now.

H1BI8Fb.jpg

#20 Adictions

Adictions

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 12 July 2015 - 06:09 PM

Picked up a limited leather interior on Saturday cheap of gumtree. It was taken from a car with only 90,000kms on it so its in good nick, cleaned it all on Saturday and installed today. they look much nicer and really lighten up the interior. Photos make it look dirty but its a lot better in person.
The bootfull, got to love wagons.
Attached File  WP_000290.jpg   90.61KB   12 downloads
Attached File  back leather.jpg   210.29KB   12 downloads
Attached File  front leather.jpg   231.55KB   12 downloads

H1BI8Fb.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users