12 replies to this topic

#1 claire6

claire6

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:19 PM

Just wanting info on black box and the vacuum outlets.
Problem being purchased my02 b4 with major oil leak from drivers side turbo.
Tightened main clamp on centre of turbo and noticed vacuum line marked 1 was on port 2 and vice versa.changed over and oil leak gone.
But just wanting a close up pic of actual ports as hose has 1 in white stamped on it, port had 1 dot marked in white, but under port has 2 stamped in plastic?confusing...
When i asked owner bout oil leak he said it wasnt boosting like normsl after he changed front struts and that he had taken vacuum lines off to do so..dont know y.
hence he changed them over and car boosted fine but oil poured out of turbo..
any help b appreciated.

#2 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 08:52 PM

You will find what you need to know in the huge "Your Guide To Twin Turbo" thread. 

I can't see how vac line placement is going to cause an oil leak. Check all your hose numbers and start from scratch making sure they are all placed correctly. The hoses, provided they are original, should be numbered along with the relative ports on the box itself.

Don't know why anyone would need to remove the solenoid box when changing struts, that's just nonsensical.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#3 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2015 - 09:14 PM

^ This.

It's all there  ;)

I still feel in my gut that the oil would be coming from the oil feed line or banjo bolt.

Have you taken the heat sheild off and had a peekaboo?

#4 claire6

claire6

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:19 PM

Thanks for help.
Yes i dont know why he would have to touch vacuum lines either.
Pulled heat shield off and checked all line's the only thing noticed was centre clap on turbo was quite loose.
So vac line 1 goes to valve on intake of intercooler?

#5 zanzarah

zanzarah

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:42 PM

Yes.

Attached Files

Liberty B4 2002 BE5 Rev E 2.5L BITURBO TF035HL-14GXT E85

#6 claire6

claire6

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:50 PM

You champion.thanks heaps.
Thanks for everyones help.

#7 Brad-B4 Liberty

Brad-B4 Liberty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:38 AM

Hi Kong,

I have just joined suby club. I have just recently purchased a Subaru Liberty B4. Had it on the dyno yesterday at maximum motorsports in Kendall. It pull some good readings. Now on the dyno the car ran fine with no CEL faults coming up. On the road test it came up with a CEL whenever I build revs in 3rd, 4th or 5th gear meaning that I start revving at 2000 and at around 4000 it stops boosting and I get the CEL. I also get secondary turbo boost cut. The code reader read fault code;
p1241 2 stage twin turbo system (single)
P1199 Differental pressure sensor

This doesn't happen in any of the other gears. And if I boos all the way through 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th it does not happen, only building the revs up so when the cars loaded up.

Like you have said previously in another comment talking about BBOD. Where is this? It could be as simple as a vac hose or Soleniod dis function?

Can you or anyone help me?

Cheers, Brad

#8 Bumpty

Bumpty

My wob dreams are now wet dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,489 posts
  • Interests:Drinking wine with wob by the legacy side

Posted 08 September 2016 - 02:01 PM

do I

#9 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 06:59 PM

Start with the Differential Pressure Sensor. It's located on the passenger side firewall, has a vac line coming out of either side of it, can't miss it.

Here's a quick reference check ; 

Legacyvacuumlinesinspection006.jpg

Check it's plugged in first and the contacts are okay. Then, make sure the lines connected to it aren't mixed up. You will find all the information in the "Your Guide To Twin Turbo" thread.

If the sensor is stuffed, the TT system doesn't know what it's supposed to be doing, as a result, you got the P1241 code and the abnormal behavior.

Good luck.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#10 Brad-B4 Liberty

Brad-B4 Liberty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 10:47 PM

Ok mate cheers for that I'll check it when I get home.

It's weird what's happening. When the car is loaded up(ie; low revs in 3rd, 4th and 5th, it flutters or hunts between 0 psi and 5 psi until it starts to reach change over.

You can also start to hear lose of boost noise or it sounds like there air leaking past a diaphragm coming from the drivers side under the bonnet.

Any one help me out here or has anyone had that or heard of these problems before??

#11 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2016 - 09:56 AM

Hi Kong,
I have just joined suby club. I have just recently purchased a Subaru Liberty B4. Had it on the dyno yesterday at maximum motorsports in Kendall. It pull some good readings. Now on the dyno the car ran fine with no CEL faults coming up. On the road test it came up with a CEL whenever I build revs in 3rd, 4th or 5th gear meaning that I start revving at 2000 and at around 4000 it stops boosting and I get the CEL. I also get secondary turbo boost cut. The code reader read fault code;
p1241 2 stage twin turbo system (single)
P1199 Differental pressure sensor
This doesn't happen in any of the other gears. And if I boos all the way through 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th it does not happen, only building the revs up so when the cars loaded up.
Like you have said previously in another comment talking about BBOD. Where is this? It could be as simple as a vac hose or Soleniod dis function?
Can you or anyone help me?
Cheers, Brad

Hi Brad, if you live anywhere near the Central coast and want to swing over to my place I'd be happy to take a look at it for you.

#12 Brad-B4 Liberty

Brad-B4 Liberty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 October 2016 - 10:52 PM

Hi Kong,

Nah I live in WA. Dam. Would of for sure. The twin turbo system is so over engineered hey. I will nut this out. Do you know how much the differential pressure sensors are and where I can pick up a cheap one?
I will keep you up dated on my progress. I just ran my B4 on the dyno.. Ran 200KW at all 4 or 270 HP. Are they pretty good stats?

#13 Arfreedom

Arfreedom

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 11:28 AM

hi Brad, were you able to get the P1241 code resolved?

if so please share. thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users