• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#101 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,236 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 31 July 2021 - 08:55 PM

Can you get new seals for this thing anymore? Or at least an aftermarket one?

Currently I can still get new seals for just about everything. Once the rear wheel bearing stock runs out I’ll be in trouble foe both the brumby and the L series. If I have trouble sourcing stuff for the EJ22 I’ll probably look at swapping to the EJ251 or a turbo setup, but that’s a bit OTT for what I need in this vehicle.

What am i looking at here with the hub setup?

Ah there it is... so, L series rear swing arm, EJ backing plate (modified for the three bolt L series mounting), sandwich plate originally made by Bratgeebah (Ausubaru fella and good friend of mine) with a custom hub based on the XT6 from the US (also originally made for the kit by Bratgeebah, this set modified again by Dfyol, also from Ausubaru) - basically an EJ hub and bolt pattern with the splines of the EA rear stub axle. This allows me to run bigger brakes and the 5x100 stud pattern, opening up many rim options which should also open up different options for offroad tyres. I have a set of Audi 15 inch “pepper pots” waiting to have new rubber fitted then mounted to Ruby Scoo. Should be awesome once it’s all done.

I still have a couple of things to sort out - 1) reaming the ball joint mount to 10 degree taper (EA is 7 degrees) and 2) what front drive shaft to use - it looks like an off the shelf option with an EJ shaft but it seems that no one can confirm or deny this actually works. Time will tell...

All of this will give me better brakes over the EA turbo 4 wheel disc setup I have at the moment. All other EA powered vehicles came with rear drums. It will also go from 4x140 stud pattern (Uber hard to find rims for) to the much more common 5x100 - and open up all EJ brake combinations. I’ll be running factory RS with the vented rear discs - so essentially Gen1 turbo spec. It should be more than I need!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Ruby-Scoo, offroad, 4wd, conversion, lifted, EJ22

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users