• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 V3nomous

V3nomous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 26 February 2015 - 10:26 AM

Anyone done one of these on an auto? I've done manual ones before but that's alot easier.

I'm looking at getting a kit from sickspeed in the states that allows me to just push the knob down to activate gear movement and I know I will have to relocate the Power button from the side of the gear stick to somewhere else but is there anything else I should know before I take it apart and a) find out it wont work, B) i've pulled a hidden wire or c) I've broken it

Any info would be good

#2 Paulzy

Paulzy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 June 2015 - 05:33 PM

I done this a little while ago, Heres my write up from my blog. I just used a normal aftermarket manual knob, seems to work ok, I even later on made it into a short shift auto with a new boot, Unfortuntly i don;t have a write up for the short shift but the idea is you cut the black shaft without cutting the inner shaft (Pita) and then cut the inner shaft but leave some sticking out the top so it can still be pushed down to change position.

20141207_160227.jpg

What you will need
  • An aftermarket manual gear knob ( This part is needed as the manual knob won't work)
  • the plastic surround from a manual
  • Phillips screw driver
  • wire cutters
  • about 15 minutes

Start by removing the two screws under the center console

20141207_161353.jpg
Pull up with your finger in the hand break sleeve
20141207_161433.jpg

20141207_161451.jpg
 This bit of trim pops up and out out, put the gear selector in drive to help
20141207_161520.jpg
 Remove the screws located on either side of the gear selector base and pull the selector up
20141207_161647.jpg
 If you have the power button you will have to cut the wires, you can wire it up to another switch later but for now i'm leaving mine disconnected.
Remove the four screws holding down the gear selector housing.
This is what you'll be left with, the yellow button is pushed down to allow the selector to move
Pop on your aftermarket knob and original boot from the manual and it should slip right on.
 To change out of park you should be able to push down on the knob and change like normal
20141207_155543.jpg

#3 V3nomous

V3nomous

• Members
  • Pip
  • 72 posts

Posted 08 June 2015 - 06:48 AM

Cheers mate, look like its a goer...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users