• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ansonii

Ansonii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 15 April 2015 - 03:18 PM

Hey, wondering if a 2005/6 wrx gearbox will bolt up to a 2000 rx Liberty? Mines a little bit crunchy as I think it's had a bit of a hard life, just found a cheapish box and diff on fb and i'm wondering if it'll bolt up? The diff isn't really important at the moment so that isn't the issue, just wondering if it'll physically work? Or are the wrx and 2.5 non turbo blocks too different? Thanks and sorry if it's been covered before, couldn't find anything!

#2 alexGT

alexGT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,970 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 06:55 AM

Clutch is different, it will definitely be an 8 bolt box, gen3 I'm unsure whether 4 or 8. Also, 05 and 06 are different you need to clarify that.

Diff IS important, WRX box is 4.44

Have you tried flushing the fluid and using a quality gearbox oil like castrol syntrax?

MY07 GT spec B

#3 Ansonii

Ansonii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 April 2015 - 01:56 PM

Thanks, think i'm going In a different direction, rwd welded centre and a mig locker 😉

#4 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 16 April 2015 - 03:48 PM

you'll really want to consider an STI box with R180 rear diff set up if your going RWD

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#5 Ansonii

Ansonii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:46 PM

Won't be doing any dry weather drifting at the moment, the occasional squirt when it's wet and my daughter isn't in the car! Yeah i'm on the lookout for a r180 and a new gearbox at some point, but that'll either be a wrx engine conversion or something at a later stage

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users