• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Ansonii

Ansonii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 12:48 PM

Hi, i'm sure this has been covered before but I couldn't find anything on here and I need to ask a few questions, if someone can link me that would be great! But if not here it goes! I have a 2000 gen 3 Liberty 2.5, non turbo, I've found a transfer case and rear diff out of a 2003 Impreza that I want to weld to convert to rwd and weld the diff so that it's locked (yes i'm aware that's the dodgy way but that's how I want to do it for now) what i'm wondering is,
Will the transfer case bolt up? From what I've read it will
Will my driveshaft work?
Will my rear half shafts work in this diff?
Will the rear diff bolt up?
Basically i want to do it this way so that if anything breaks or I don't like it I can revert it back and no harm done (well maybe a little bit who's counting) also apart from the new centre diff bearing, new seal, new gearbox oil and diff oil, plugs to cap the front diff, is there anything else i'm missing? Basically I can get all the parts welded up and ready for installment then
I'm hoping one day of work should get the drift package all in, hoping.... Thanks for any help

#2 Rustyrobertson

Rustyrobertson

Boxer this, Boxer that, Boxer EVERYTHING!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:35 PM

you should be all fine to go ahead using the standard lib shafts and all. just be careful as im sure you know that the standard shafts are quite weak.

#3 Ansonii

Ansonii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:36 PM

Sweet thanks for the help! Yeah I know i'm going to break something eventually, just hoping it'll all fit in for now!

#4 Rustyrobertson

Rustyrobertson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:37 PM

where abouts are you from, if you need any advice shoot me a message i may of done a few subi rwd conversions :P

#5 Ansonii

Ansonii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:43 PM

Sunshine Coast QLD, dude even a mobile number to txt a question through would help me immensely! Mines 0410697760, thanks heaps rustyrobertson

#6 Rustyrobertson

Rustyrobertson

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:53 PM

Sunshine Coast QLD, dude even a mobile number to txt a question through would help me immensely! Mines 0410697760, thanks heaps rustyrobertson

feel free to add me on facebook man, www.facebook.com/RUSTYROBERTSON

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users