aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:10 PM

subaru-levorg-1.jpg

Will Subaru Australia import the Levorg 2.0GT, its WRX in five-door wagon form? After six months of speculation, the answer is rumoured to be close at hand.

Available in its domestic Japan since early 2014, its long been expected that the weirdly named Levorg would land in Aussie showrooms some time this year.

However, Subaru Australia has for the past six months managed to dodge a firm answer on the will-it-or-wont-it question, even after the Levorg range was confirmed for European release at the Geneva motor show this past March.

The Levorg has been posted as being around the corner on the official Subaru.com.au website since it first appeared, in prototype form, at 2013s Tokyo motor show.

Why the interest? Of the four-model JDM range, the two high-spec GT and top-spec GT-S models feature a 2.0-litre turbo boxer four outputting 221kW and 400Nm.

And while a kerb weight of 1570kg is heavier than the current WRX sedan sold in Oz, the enlarged and more practical body style represents a more family-friendly package without diluting much in the way of WRX firepower.

The only real rub is that the Levorg range only adopts one transmission type, the continuously variable Lineartronic automatic.

A GT-spec Levorg would not only sit neatly besides the four-door-only Aussie WRX range (we dont get the hatch version), it would bolster the painfully undersubscribed mid-size performance wagon segment currently only populated by Skoda Octavia RS and Renault Megane GT220.
Its claimed that Levorg sales have been essentially double that of WRX since launch in its domestic Japanese market.

Why the delay? Perhaps Subaru Oz doesnt want to cannibalize sales from Impreza-based XV, Forester and, importantly, the recently released Outback, which is currently enjoying huge sales success for the local importer.

It expected that the Levorg will be given an official green light for local release within the next month or so.

This info and more can be found at: http://www.motormag.com.au

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#2 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:54 AM

Fingers crossed it makes its way here.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#3 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:44 PM

Can't really see how it would interfere with XV or Outhouse sales. People buy an XV cos' it's a half decent SUV and people buy the Outback, because it's an Outback.

Liberty wagon and GT owners have been left out in the cold. I reckon the majority of Gen5's I see on the road are GT variants. It's crazy, and now they dropped the GT's, every other manufacturer is picking up the ground where the GT has left a void. New Sonata turbo model is a worthy contender, along with the new MPS 6 which is in the works. Following those, the comeback of the Insignia, and KIA is bound to drop in a medium sedan/wagon with a competitive turbo engine. 

Subaru have kicked themselves out of our market, big time, by going all Toyota and bland. Usually they go to the beck and call of the USA and surely the USA is screaming out for a GT Legacy?

I mean, seriously, just slap in the FA20, give the bonnet a scoop and it's done. We know the Gen6 is capable of carrying a 6MT as the diesel Outback has one. It's so frustrating!

Just give us the damn Levorg already. I would certainly buy one down the track.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#4 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,455 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:53 PM

The only real rub is that the Levorg range only adopts one transmission type, the continuously variable Lineartronic automatic.

And there goes my interest. Subaru i swr m8 giv us the STi version (or at least a Tb STi) or ill rek u. I swr on me mum

tIeW8DE.png

#5 zahmad

zahmad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 20 April 2015 - 04:57 PM

Subaru have kicked themselves out of our market, big time, by going all Toyota and bland. Usually they go to the beck and call of the USA and surely the USA is screaming out for a GT Legacy?

Unfortunately they are not as they even dropped the turbo from the 07/08 lineup due to slow sales.

North Americans are satisfied with the 3.6...

#6 Grumbles

Grumbles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 21 April 2015 - 09:29 AM

This is old news was discussed and mentioned that it might come here couple months back.

#7 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:32 PM

And there goes my interest. Subaru i swr m8 giv us the STi version (or at least a Tb STi) or ill rek u. I swr on me mum

Basically my thought too. Except the mum bit.

Turbo needs a manual, how does one enjoy a turbo in an auto? Beats me.

Add a manual in there and watch them drive out the door.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#8 Reevesy

Reevesy

Adriano

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 29 April 2015 - 08:58 PM

Turbo needs a manual, how does one enjoy a turbo in an auto? Beats me.

http://www.rsliberty...th-a-difference

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users