• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jock Calvert

Jock Calvert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:24 PM

*DISCLAIMER* - I've only just got my first car (07 Impreza Wagon) and I know literally nothing other than what i've read in a few forums since getting my car a few weeks ago. 

Hi Everyone,

Im trying to find an exhaust system for my car, an 07 2.0L non turbo Impreza wagon, to work together with some UEL headers for a sick rumble. Doesn't really bother me that its not a lightning bolt, but that doesn't mean it cant look, sound and handle like a boss (Mountain roads > drag strip). My question is, how big is too big for an exhaust (I'm thinking cat back but wouldn't mind some advice there either)? I've read that a 3 inch system will result in a loss of back pressure and 'drone' on a highway, but it is by far the easiest size to find. With that in mind, is it really a big problem to but it on? If yes, what is a more appropriate size and where would I find some? 

Thanks in advance for any help,
Cheers

Just a boy with a Subaru... But without a turbo... For now...

#2 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 24 May 2015 - 12:36 PM

2 1/4" for an NA.

OEM+

#3 Jock Calvert

Jock Calvert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:29 PM

That seems to be the consensus from everywhere i'ver read... Any particular brands / models that stand out over the rest? Or just take it into the exhaust shop and see what they can do?

#4 acres

acres

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 02:30 PM

Just head to your nearest exhaust shop and get them to make something up to suit. If you like a nice subtle burble than have them fit a decent straight through muffler with a resonator or two, if you like your ears bleeding than have them fit the cheapest cannon you can get.

#5 Jock Calvert

Jock Calvert

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 03:31 PM

Just head to your nearest exhaust shop and get them to make something up to suit. If you like a nice subtle burble than have them fit a decent straight through muffler with a resonator or two, if you like your ears bleeding than have them fit the cheapest cannon you can get.

As easy as that! Thanks!

#6 Paul-of-Duty

Paul-of-Duty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 24 May 2015 - 04:43 PM

That is a question I've been asking myself as well. Cheers for posting. Post back when you get a price or sort it out. Im curious to see the result.

Drive on the coast

02 RS Bugeye, aka "Brum"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users