#1 motorculture

motorculture

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:08 AM

Hello%20from%20MotorCulture%20on%20behal

Welcome to the Subaru Australia sub-forum and it’s great to be a part of your community. We’re here as MotorCulture on behalf of Subaru Australia, but we also have exclusive access with the Subaru Team so feel free to ask questions and send us feedback which we’ll pass on to Subaru!

We’ll be posting a lot of the latest Subaru news here very soon, including their complete range of new generation vehicles and all about Subaru technology, so make sure you stay tuned.  

A little about Subaru: Subaru released their first car over 60 years ago in 1954, and ever since then they’ve continued to evolve and grow from a car manufacturer to a company of people dedicated to building the best cars for you, the driver.  Subaru develop and manufacture all kinds of vehicles from SUVs to sports cars, but they all have one thing in common: they’re awesome to drive.  Overall Subaru concentrate on developing cars with high quality engineering, great safety features, good reliability and most of all a fun driving experience.  

When most people think of Subaru they think of Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive system as well as their expertise in boxer engines; both of which Subaru are very proud of.  They believe that the must-have feature for every car in the world should be great handling, and that’s why they’ve been refining these things for so many years.  

Boxer engines have a lot of benefits over inline or even V-layout engines.  Not only do they have great power output and environmental performance, but because the cylinders in the engine lay flat, the overall height of the engine and hence its centre of gravity is lowered.  Also, because the engine is symmetrical about the centreline of the car, the car’s handling performance and stability is improved, especially when cornering or making quick direction changes.  

There are also a lot of advantages of All-Wheel Drive systems.  Compared to 2-Wheel Drive cars, AWD cars have up to twice the amount of grip to transmit the engine power and torque to the road surface, which results in more stable and reliable acceleration, in a straight line or while turning, and therefore better safety.  

As well as Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive and boxer engines, there are also other technologies like Lineartronic® Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) and Dual Active Valve Control System (DAVCS), but we’ll get into detail about those later.   

Throughout history Subaru have also made a few achievements along the way, including winning the World Rally Championship six times and the Australian Rally Championship ten times.  They even sold the first new car model – the Subaru BRZ – exclusively online in Australia.

Want to learn more about Subaru? Visit: http://www.subaru.com.au/

#2 Dylan

Dylan

Almost gen2 time.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,236 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:22 AM

Welcome to SC guys :) 

#3 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 11 September 2015 - 10:56 AM

Welcome to SubyClub  B)

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#4 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:55 AM

Welcome to SubyClub guys. 

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#5 Harry88

Harry88

Soccer Mom

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,507 posts

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:22 PM

Hello and welcome!

#6 motorculture

motorculture

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:28 PM

Welcome to SC guys :)

Welcome to SubyClub  B)

Welcome to SubyClub guys. 

Hello and welcome!

Thanks for the warm welcomes everyone. We're glad to be supporting the Suby Club community. :)

#7 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 17 September 2015 - 06:50 PM

A massive welcome to SubyClub. We all love pictures too so keep it up! :D

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#8 motorculture

motorculture

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 21 September 2015 - 08:56 AM

A massive welcome to SubyClub. We all love pictures too so keep it up! :D

Thanks Liberty! If anyone has questions re Subaru please feel free to send us a PM and we'll see what we can do. :)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Subaru, Australia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users