• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#1 tryangus

tryangus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:58 PM

Figured I'd better start one of these sooner or later.

Sold my ever-reliable SF5 and bought this. 

Forester-1_zpsjvzjqy1a.jpg

Her name is Scully and she is a stock standard MY05 XT Luxury. 

At 82,000kms young / one owner / full service history, she was in good shape with freshly resprayed bonnet plus front and rear bars (scuffs and bird poo that had etched into the paint). It was love at first sight. 
Clean%20Forester%20BW_zpsazwnsjnw.jpg
By that very evening, after a day of driving, the roof lining was already out as I set about linking the map lights to the main interior light. For those SF and SG owners who are yet to do this, it's such an awesome mod, particularly if you have a moonroof! 

Map%20Light%20Mod_zpskjpibz26.jpg

Forester-12_zpsn6gu4o8s.jpg

Within a few weeks, I had a few minor mods complete;
-Whiteline Front Strut Brace
-Whiteline 22mm RSB + HD mounts etc
-Genuine Subaru rear bumper protector
-Genuine Aero roof racks from the US of A
-Monsoons 
-Fire extinguisher under passenger's seat
-Bootmat
-17" Enkei STi wheels off an S-Edition (thanks Daz!)

Forester-5_zpsg9xhgxlk.jpg

Forester-6_zpsugexptg3.jpg

STi%20Wheels_zps7efvk0su.jpg

Forester-13_zpsmtrectpk.jpg

resize-32_zpsq6exacrw.jpg

Whiteline%20RSB_zpsmwlpqcsx.jpg
(V.grubby)

Cheers for looking!

#2 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:26 PM

Tidy, mate. Looks like plenty of fun. 

IM47Gcv.jpg

#3 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:51 PM

Nice!!!

Posted Image

#4 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 15 September 2015 - 01:52 PM

sweet foz mate 

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#5 RyanSharpe

RyanSharpe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:My car, pushy and firies

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:58 PM

Awesome Foz Mate

#6 comport3

comport3

• Members
  • Pip
  • 50 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:27 PM

very tidy, nice rims and can't believe the KMs!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#7 tryangus

tryangus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:40 PM

Thanks for the love, gang!

Yeah, I think this car had done a lot of sitting around previously as there was lots of bird poo that had etched into the bonnet (hence having it resprayed with the front and rear bars). Logs books indicate that it was serviced by time intervals, not kms too. I had it looked over top to bottom by the guys that looked after my old SF and they gave it the thumbs up. 

I've moved a lot closer to work but the car gets to stretch its legs back to the folk's place once a week or so. For a while I had to negotiate peak hour traffic in Melbourne which really racked up the kilometers (but what's the use in having such a car if you don't use it!).

Anyways, more mods! Installed a set of airbag-equipped Impreza leather bucket seats the other day. 

Impreza%20Seats%20Dirty_zpsbp0dbbla.jpg

Seats were pretty grubby and were covered in glass and dirt but there were no rips or tears in the leather and minimal creases on driver's lower bolster so I was quietly confident I could clean them up. 

Seat%20Rail%20Swap_zpsdcrhptwh.jpg

Switched the seat rails as the Impreza rails sit noticeably lower (that and the slide mechanism had attracted a lot of glass making the mechanism quite crunchy). 

Cleaning%20Impreza%20Seats_zpsqkeczxb3.j

Seats received a thorough vac, clean and condition and were left to sit and air in the sun. 

resize-5_zpskpvrllxp.jpg

Forester seats removed. 

resize-34_zpsjd7ucgqu.jpg

The finished result!

New%20Seats%20LG_zpseixwz7fo.jpg

Super happy with the results. The seats are definitely more supportive and hold you a lot more comfortably - you really do sit in the seats as opposed to on as is the case with the Forester seats. (I really need to get around to blacking out that home-made fire extinguisher bracket...)

resize-30_zpsrj2sjnx7.jpg

Also obtained the horn pad from the Impreza kind enough to donate its seats. Audio controls vinyl wrapped black for extra stealth.

#8 tryangus

tryangus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 07:17 PM

Little update:

Foz%20Resize-11_zpssnj8kx3j.jpg
Never been a big sticker guy. Untill I saw this...

Boot_zpssf4hkfoy.jpg

Fitted warm white LED festoons. Bloody bright. Should have done this ages ago!
For those reading at home:
Map lights + Main Interior Dome: 31mm festoon
Cargo Light: BA9s 

London%20Bridge%20BW_zps0zeg4jvh.jpg

Foz%20Resize-9_zpsbabwguc7.jpg
Quick rinse. Don't worry, no filthy scrubbing brushes were used here. 

Also replaced the number plate bolts with M6 stainless steel fasteners. It really is the little things...

Happy.

#9 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:43 PM

That's good lighting throughout. Where did you get the bulbs from? The ones I bought from eBay are shitty; it's a very weak white light.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#10 Shaz

Shaz

Differential Studios

• SC Videographer
  • 23,188 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:55 PM

Yeah they look bright as. I'd be keen on some of them for sure. Just out of curiosity are they actually that bright, or does the pic lend more light then it actually is? 

I put up with people from amnesty, red cross and now the cancer council almost daily hounding me!! Throw in the greens, green peace, unhcr, save the forking children and I've well and truly hit my limit for the number of fuckstains wanting me to sign something or give money. Seriously cubts,  :fork: right off.

#11 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:56 PM

How good is the warm white!!! Cool white is for chumps :)

Posted Image

#12 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:03 PM

Yeah they look bright as. I'd be keen on some of them for sure. Just out of curiosity are they actually that bright, or does the pic lend more light then it actually is? 

That's a good question too. Keen as if they're this bright.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#13 tryangus

tryangus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 10:42 PM

How good is the warm white!!! Cool white is for chumps :)

I know, right?!

Illumination is actually fairly close to that image I think. Colour temp ever so slightly warmer however. 

I had fitted a 48LED panel to the main light but it was a definite squeeze had a decidedly more 'green' tint to it. In either case, the 20LED panel was significantly brighter and using the same panel for the main + cargo keeps colour temp / brightness consistent.

I can't say the map lights are any brighter than the standard globes but I think that's partly due to the diffuser design. 

They were actually eBay lights so fingers crossed I get a respectable lifespan out of them! 

http://www.ebay.com....MlQzdc2CHM2I3qw

(Sadly, it appears the 20LED 5050 SMD panel is out of stock but that's the one to keep your eye on). 

#14 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 10:49 PM

Well they look damn good for an eBay-spec LED panel. I'm gonna give them a go. Now I've just gotta confirm what bulbs I need, their sizes and place an order. Thanks for the link man.

Warm white is better than day white?

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#15 zahmad

zahmad

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 967 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:16 PM

Looks so much better with the Liberty/Impreza steering wheel centre..

#16 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:26 PM

No luck with the light panels guys. Here's a reply from the seller on eBay;

Thank you for your mail.

We are happy that you like the item in our store. Sorry but the supplier stopped producing this item so we have to find another supplier.We will update the storage on ebay when we get a new supply.

Any problems, please keep in contact, I will try my best to solve the problem for you .

Best regards

I told him to let me know once a new supplier is found and I will make an order. Thanks for the link though man. I know I have said it once but I'll say it again, I am really impressed with the light inside your Foz.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#17 tryangus

tryangus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 04:55 PM

Well they look damn good for an eBay-spec LED panel. I'm gonna give them a go. Now I've just gotta confirm what bulbs I need, their sizes and place an order. Thanks for the link man.

Warm white is better than day white?

I'd imagine they'd be similar fittings for your car. I can guarantee your map lights + main light are going to be 31mm festoon. Cargo light might need a little more research (and you'll also need to gauge the physical size of the panel vs how much space you have in the light fitting. 

I just found this which might help?

http://forum.liberty.asn.au/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=24630 

Warm is going to feel not all dissimilar to how your car would have been with the factory incandescent bulbs (but significantly brighter). Day white is cooler than warm and is the closes to 'white' light but tends to have hint of green/blue to it. 

Looks so much better with the Liberty/Impreza steering wheel centre..

Tell me about it. Factory Forester XT horn pad is so flat and boring! 

Plan is to soon acquire the following centre. SG9 STi didn't receive audio controls or cruise control so whilst I'll forgo the red-stitching, I'll retain cruise and audio controls :)

Subaru-Forester_STI_2005_800x600_wa.jpg

#18 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:16 PM

I had a topic going a little while ago discussing bulb numbers and what not. The information I managed to get from my owner's manual is;

• Map light - 12V-8W
  • Dome light - 12V-8W
  • Cargo area light - 12V-13W

I am 100% sure that the map and dome lights are 31mm festoon bulbs. But I cannot remember the size for the cargo area light although it would be W5W judging from the topic you linked me to. I'll have to try and find that bulb so I can get a correct measurement. I did take a picture of them though as I was speaking to another eBay seller about them but he sent me the wrong cargo area light bulb.

http://imgur.com/vqxE803

Not sure if that helps or not...

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#19 tryangus

tryangus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:16 PM

No luck with the light panels guys. Here's a reply from the seller on eBay;

I told him to let me know once a new supplier is found and I will make an order. Thanks for the link though man. I know I have said it once but I'll say it again, I am really impressed with the light inside your Foz.

Ah nuts!

This looks like it (*fingers crossed*):
http://www.ebay.com....mXIEN6n_ClB35VA

(Comes with the festoon, T10 and BAS9 adaptor). 

These will work with your map lights:
http://www.ebay.com....n0AAOSwYH5WB4FH

The "5050" refers to the size of the emitter; whether they're brighter or not, who knows but I have a suspicion that size is tied in with brightness. They're that cheap that you can buy a few styles and experiment a little :P

#20 tryangus

tryangus

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 05:18 PM

PS - W5W = T10 so the adaptor that comes with that 20LED panel should work with your cargo light, assuming the light fitting itself is big enough to house the LED panel. Maybe have a bit of a visual look and cut out a cardboard template with the dimensions listed on the website? Good luck!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users