#41 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,715 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:47 PM

maybe it was just stolen for the plates.. petrol theft?

Nah I reckon it was stolen for a joy ride then when they found it was NA and had no fuel it was dumped

#42 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical, House Renos

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:28 PM

Lol, stealing a car that looks fun but then finding out its not. No fuel would have been the biggest kick in the balls for them. Glad to see you have her back. You've put way to much blood sweat and tears into her to loose her like that. Make sure you change all the locks. And probably get an alarm wired into the loom when you do the conversion. That way it's not a simple fix to take the immobiliser out of circuit.

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 Spec C engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. In process of stripping.

MY97 Silver RX, aka 'The Track Toy' - All good bits from B4 will find their way into this...
MY03 Holden Commodore - Daily. Because good on fuel.

#43 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:32 PM

Make sure you change all the locks. And probably get an alarm wired into the loom when you do the conversion. That way it's not a simple fix to take the immobiliser out of circuit.

Thats the plan. Going to rig up a kill switch of some kind on the weekend and then yeah get an alarm done during conversion 

#44 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 26 September 2015 - 10:44 PM

Always a shit feeling mate!

Bloody lucky to get it back in one piece!! Police get any leads from what was left with the car - finger prints etc?

And what happens about your plates now - reissued from vicroads or do you have to buy a replacement set only, not the whole cost of those restyled plates again?

Bloody lucky fella!!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#45 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 26 September 2015 - 11:50 PM

Always a shit feeling mate!

Bloody lucky to get it back in one piece!! Police get any leads from what was left with the car - finger prints etc?

And what happens about your plates now - reissued from vicroads or do you have to buy a replacement set only, not the whole cost of those restyled plates again?

Bloody lucky fella!!

Cheers

Bennie

Havent heard anything from the cops yet. Not expecting to tbh. Yep have to get a replacement set of plates and yeah just the cost of a new set so $30 something. Money i spent on the jap plates is down the toilet

#46 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 27 September 2015 - 12:30 AM

Check that your insurance doesn't cover the plates - I've got 3rd party fire and theft, personalised plates are covered in that policy too. Although, I don't know what the cost is to order a new set if they are pinched.

All the best

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#47 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,715 posts

Posted 27 September 2015 - 12:50 AM

Check that your insurance doesn't cover the plates - I've got 3rd party fire and theft, personalised plates are covered in that policy too. Although, I don't know what the cost is to order a new set if they are pinched.

All the best

Bennie

Yeah im waiting for them to call me about their assessment on tuesday and will ask then. Shannons will cover whatever you want them too really, if you tell them to, which i havent so Im not sure how that will go

#48 RX25SE

RX25SE

...............Car nerd................ now a H6 pilot

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,287 posts
  • Interests:Cars with chrome bumpers!

Posted 27 September 2015 - 08:43 AM

Glad it got found Nick. Even better that it's in one piece.

If I told you I was a compulsive liar, would you believe me?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users