#1 RacerX

RacerX

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Gaming.....

Posted 18 October 2015 - 08:33 AM

I loved my subie, it wasnt the fast wasnt the loudest and had its flaw but it was almost unkillable no matter how what task was thrown at it!

x6dprwG.jpg

But the clutch was geeting cooked and forseeable problems were to come.
But it was a great car for my leaners.

Enter the search for a new p plate legal car.
Thought about quite a few, new imprezas, focuses, fiestas and even a swift.
Eventually i found myself looking at lancers.
After test driving a new LX, i had immediately decided that they did nothing for me, enter the first thought of a ralliart, sitting in the back corner of a dealership, id never looked into these cars before and then i saw the price $40000 new. I HAD NO CHANCE!

FmnszCn.jpg

The idea then came about of looking for a low km good condition used one. After test driving one i knew its was the car for me. On goes the search, found a fair few, but ultimately found this one sitting in ballarat.
Low km=28000 CHECK
Good condition = CHECK
Colour= CHECK, coz reds makes you go faster.
So the treck up to ballarat saw me test driving this car on some great coountry roads, and well i knew this was it.

wbhZLqC.jpg

Papers were signed and i was set to pick the car up the following weekend.
It was a good deal too, new tyres, got an extra service done and eveything. Most importantly, the sst service was done, since the car has been serviced in time not kilometeres. So thats one expense out of the way more for mods.

trSbApf.jpg

Then the day came P Plates were got and im enjoying the freedom and the car, GOD DAMN DOES THIS THING TAKE OFF!

Mods will come soon....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#2 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:43 AM

Wow, I didn't realise the ralliart models were p plate legal. Sweet score!

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#3 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,004 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 10:19 AM

nice -- That's the magical 130kW/tonne for you.

Never driven either, but the Ralliart looks like it might be a better/nicer daily driver compromise than an evo, anyway.

Be careful out there!

#4 Samwise

Samwise

Official official of the official.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  • Interests:Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo' mama.

Posted 18 October 2015 - 11:08 AM

Copycat :P

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#5 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 18 October 2015 - 02:25 PM

Another addition to the Dark Side. Nice buy.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#6 RacerX

RacerX

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:19 PM

Copycat :P

AHAHA well as least yours is a legit evo

nice -- That's the magical 130kW/tonne for you.

Never driven either, but the Ralliart looks like it might be a better/nicer daily driver compromise than an evo, anyway.

Be careful out there!

Didn't get to drive an Evo but its actually quite a good daily and mountain driver, daily its quite and comfortable, and when you hit the hills man this things flies hits boost so quickly!

#7 RacerX

RacerX

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 21 October 2015 - 08:26 PM

Plasti Dipped the front chrome ring black!

e1fef1eb0e9a65348bae5230a7bccc98.jpg

Then the wheels, car looks a whole lot better now IMO!!

5ffd077f35397f5e3bc5443c97ed294c.jpg

e614b5900f87805bf120bc00cd8c25be.jpg

Next up is a tune sometime in December, with some slight performance mods hoping to reach 190-200kw

#8 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 09:39 AM

Cool, I was looking at these as a second car, did you get the auto with the paddle shift?

#9 RacerX

RacerX

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:04 AM

Cool, I was looking at these as a second car, did you get the auto with the paddle shift?

Auto with the paddle shift is the only choice, unfortunately would've loved a manual !
But its good for a daily in traffic and stuff and shift super quickly if you chuck it in sport !

#10 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 22 October 2015 - 10:15 AM

Yea, agree with the compromise between comfort and performance, took an evo for a test drive a while ago, and they are very quick, but also very rough on bad roads. If I was to get one myself, the ralliart would be my weapon of choice.

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#11 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:11 PM

That auto transmission is way quicker than a manual, the6 speed auto in the Evo is one of the fastest auto's in the world, and beats CVT.

I think you can buy the front Evo guards (wider ones) and retrofit them, saw a p-plater with Evo front guards on his base model lancer.

#12 RacerX

RacerX

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 22 October 2015 - 12:27 PM

That auto transmission is way quicker than a manual, the6 speed auto in the Evo is one of the fastest auto's in the world, and beats CVT.

I think you can buy the front Evo guards (wider ones) and retrofit them, saw a p-plater with Evo front guards on his base model lancer.

It's pretty true The TC-SST double clutch is quite quick at shifting but if anything happens to it or even just a fluid change it all costs big $$$$$

Aesthetically I'm actually quite happy with the car just need a front lip and a vortex generator and I think exterior wise it's done, proceeding with performance next, really want to get an exhaust done and get a tune

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users