Photo

Anyone Installed Sub&Amp in Gen 3 Liberty RX Sedan?

gen3 Sedan

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 02_Liberty_RX

02_Liberty_RX

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 12:13 PM

Hey Guys,

Just bought a Sub and Amp and wiring kit and was wondering where people have run their wires. I've seen alot of how to's and alot of them have said use an unused hole on your firewall usually covered by a grommet of some description. After searching around for a while I couldnt find one on the battery side of the car. Any help is greatly appreaciated :)

Also, where have you run your wiring? As I'm planning to have the sub in the boot and the Amp either attached to the sub or under the passenger seat. Has anyone done anything similiar to their sedan? Is there a better place to have the Amp?

Is it better to run the power cables down one side of the car and the RCA's down the other side due to interference or does it not matter?

The wiring kit is 8 gauge just fyi :)

Cheers guys!

#2 cameron

cameron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 24 December 2015 - 12:37 PM

power cable through engine bay behind down down passeger side sill to under passenger seat.

rca and turn on wire down center console to under passenger seat.

ground to seatbelt or seat bolt

Have you put any more thought into squeezing some more power out of the engine. Like strapping on one of those intake fans

#3 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 24 December 2015 - 01:04 PM

If you need to ask, get someone else to do it.

OEM+

#4 Leemanchew

Leemanchew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 12:14 AM

If you need to ask, get someone else to do it.

+1 for being sassy

#5 LukeFranky

LukeFranky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 07 January 2016 - 07:30 AM

I ran the main sub wire from the battery into the passenger side wheel well cavity and then back towards the cabin. There's a grommet that goes from the cabin into that cavity there somewhere. The main power line comes in somewhere near the glove box and meets up the with the lines from the head unit.

From there I run all the lines to the rear of the car along the passenger side bottom door rail and under the back passenger seat across to the sub that lives in the front middle of the boot facing hatch. It comes out and plugs up nice and tidy.

As with any lead you add directly to the positive side of the battery you should add a fuse in as close to the battery as possible. I assume your wiring kit will come with one.

Watch out for any part of the line that might rub on metal and add rubber hose or similar around it to protect it from cutting through. In my case I added some rubber around the sub wire where it went into the cavity from the battery.

It's not a difficult job, just sometimes fiddly. Hope it helps.

The B4 Bomber - 2002 MY03 Subaru Liberty B4, ADM, Manual, EJ208. 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: gen3, Sedan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users