3 replies to this topic

#1 Zafira London

Zafira London

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 11 February 2016 - 12:43 PM

Hi folks,
Im previous legacy owner but changing it up to the forester airbreak. I am still waiting for my vehicle to arrive from Japan but I want to purchase a stereo system online before it arrives (as I did my legacy). Im just having trouble finding the right stereo, so here are my questions:
Usually i purchase from amazon, whom doesnt categorize RHD vehicles, Is the 2006 forester Airbreak any different from the 2006 LHD forester as far as the dash set up is concerned?
Do I order Single or Double Din?
Also I will attach a photo of the dash, Im not exactly sure where the stereo goes. I know the screen at the top is the navigation system.

Anyone who can help and steer me in the right direction I would greatly appreciate it :)

P.S Im interested in getting the BOSS Audio BV9364B 6.2 inch Double-din Reciever

Attached File  Screenshot_2016-02-04-09-40-32.jpeg   138.82KB   3 downloads

#2 aekOne

aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,349 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 11 February 2016 - 02:32 PM

The centre console is symmetrical so the stereos isn't specific for right or left hand drive so pretty much any one you find should be fine. The nav in the your car is also the current stereo so are you planning on keeping that or the new unit your getting will have nav built in as well? you'd either install it in the pod where the current stereo/nav unit is or remove the chilled cubby hole in the centre console and put it there (but then you miss out on that bit of JDM goodness so would probably install in the top pod).

: My Liberty :

signature_1_35.jpg

#3 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 11 February 2016 - 09:23 PM

The dash in that pic is symmetrical however the earlier ones had a pop-out cup holder on the left. Don't know if that makes a difference?! 

1391253_564755020245384_370816992_n.jpg?

IM47Gcv.jpg

#4 Zafira London

Zafira London

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 February 2016 - 01:46 AM

The centre console is symmetrical so the stereos isn't specific for right or left hand drive so pretty much any one you find should be fine. The nav in the your car is also the current stereo so are you planning on keeping that or the new unit your getting will have nav built in as well? you'd either install it in the pod where the current stereo/nav unit is or remove the chilled cubby hole in the centre console and put it there (but then you miss out on that bit of JDM goodness so would probably install in the top pod).

Thanks for the response! I guess i will replace the stereo/Nav Unit because it'll be in Japanese anyway.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 2006, forester, airbreak, audio, stereo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users