4 replies to this topic

#1 Badger1

Badger1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Hiroshima screamers and classic Mini Cooper S's

Posted 16 April 2016 - 09:37 PM

I've just had an E85 flex fuel system fitted to my ej25 and I was wondering if anybody else has had a similar mod done? I'm a little curious as to other peoples impressions on this fuel. I'm using ECUTEK software with the Zeitronix conversion kit. My pump is a AVO400L with ID 1000 injectors. This gave me an extra 60kw@w but I've noticed a couple of minor drawbacks which is the purpose of this post. Thoughts anyone?

#2 Brett82

Brett82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 08:10 AM

Got e85 on my Gtr, love the stuff!! car runs smoother, makes more power

The only draw back ive had from it currently is availability, i carry a full Jerry can in the boot just in case when traveling further

#3 Badger1

Badger1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
  • Interests:Hiroshima screamers and classic Mini Cooper S's

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:57 AM

Got e85 on my Gtr, love the stuff!! car runs smoother, makes more power

The only draw back ive had from it currently is availability, i carry a full Jerry can in the boot just in case when traveling further

Great stuff indeed Brett. Availability was a concern for me too, which is why I didn't do the conversion sooner. But with the flex fuel setup, as the name suggests, you can run the ethanol with any percentage of premium you like. If you're low on fuel, bung in a few litres of premium till you get to your next e85 top up. The system automatically remaps the fuel and ignition based on the percentage of ethanol in your tank. 

The main purpose of this post is, however, to ascertain if anyone is having issues like cold starts difficulties etcetera.

#4 Robert

Robert

Brappp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,417 posts
  • Interests:Door Frames

Posted 17 April 2016 - 12:24 PM

Cold starting issues seem to go Hand in hand with e85 in general

Some cars have difficulty and some cars are fine
Probably comes down to the tune

#5 Brett82

Brett82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 01:05 PM

Great stuff indeed Brett. Availability was a concern for me too, which is why I didn't do the conversion sooner. But with the flex fuel setup, as the name suggests, you can run the ethanol with any percentage of premium you like. If you're low on fuel, bung in a few litres of premium till you get to your next e85 top up. The system automatically remaps the fuel and ignition based on the percentage of ethanol in your tank. 
The main purpose of this post is, however, to ascertain if anyone is having issues like cold starts difficulties etcetera.

ive got the same in the Gtr, I just don't like using 98 and try and avoid it completely

I do notice with e85 in the tank it usually takes 2-3 goes at the key to get it to fire on a cold start compared to one with 98, but it's a small price to pay for the benefits

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users