#1 Krypton

Krypton

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Snow,Cars,Video games,ect

Posted 03 May 2016 - 05:51 PM

Picked up a 98 Wrx for my partner. Fixing up a few simple thing's like power steering leaks, boost lines in all the wrong location's. Car was on 4psi when we got it. Fixed the boost lines had to get a pill and T piece, wastegate solenoid wasn't even connected to anything. It was a mess. 

So fixed all that and was getting 10psi. This is where my problem is. Now so far i have replaced with new lines pill's so forth where they should be. I connected the Green plugs under the dash turned the key to accessories the wastegate solenoid will open and close(tested by blowing threw it) but it will open and close frantically instead of click open 1....2....click close. Its open close like a machine gun. Is this a 98 wrx thing or is this the problem? Any other idea's on why it would be running wastegate spring pressure?

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,449 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:01 PM

I believe the machine gun ticking is normal. Mine does the same.

I believe waste gate pressure is 7 psi so sounds like its got a bit more in it. Did you get the right pill size?

tIeW8DE.png

#3 Krypton

Krypton

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts
  • Interests:Snow,Cars,Video games,ect

Posted 03 May 2016 - 06:47 PM

Yea got a new one from Subaru. Only reason i wasn't sure on the ticking is the B4 did it really slow. Also not getting a check engine light for anything

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users