18 replies to this topic

#1 Dylan_

Dylan_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts
  • Interests:Veal Schnitzel.

Posted 04 May 2016 - 07:30 PM

Hey Guys...Okay so i thought after all these years id actually post a build up as i didn't with my forester, as ive had a few cars since then which were unfortunately not Subaru's until a couple of days before Christmas 2015 I left my job including a company car. Needing a car right away i thought id jump on the forum and try my luck for something cheap i actually found gold haha (Robs gen2 liberty gx sedan) i feel like i don't need to explain this car in a thread or build up cause it already has one but ill post a few pictures of it from the changes it took in my hands and then a decision i didnt think id make but did later on.     

Attached File  IMG_0272.JPG   189.25KB   25 downloads

The day she arrived home.

Attached File  IMG_0278.JPG   153.42KB   18 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0318.JPG   234.63KB   20 downloads

Just did a few minor changes typical black coat on the wheels and added a sub and amp at this point i was really starting to enjoy this car.

At first i wanted a daily if a subaru great i was laughing didnt think id find something for this cheap which would handle and feel so solid honestly gen 2s were not an eye catcher for me but i really started to love it and me being me like anyone on this forum or into cars we want to work on them change them i guess for the better so never was the plan to spend much money on this car or hey even buy a car that had already been built to the extent this was but with the circumstances i had no choice i needed a car and it seemed perfect and it turned out to be I was hooked.

wanted a more aggressive look and to change the car completely so i found a wheel and tyre package for a good deal went with xxr 527's 18x8.75 

Attached File  IMG_0633.JPG   210.06KB   16 downloads

Couldnt decide on gloss black or tiffany blue the mrs and the guys from ozzy tyres convinced me on the blue

Attached File  IMG_0893.JPG   70.52KB   16 downloads

Played around with the coilovers and found a desired height ;)

Attached File  IMG_0942.JPG   170.21KB   17 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0943.JPG   151.64KB   18 downloads

She was maybe a bit to low scrubbing which i couldnt have so she ended up sitting more functional and even like this.

Attached File  IMG_0968.JPG   133.78KB   17 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1401.JPG   89.67KB   16 downloads

There wasnt much more to do to the car visually except i guess repairing rust,damage etc i had a black dash and woodgrain inserts on order but got screwed around for weeks so i pulled the pin after that I just simply enjoyed the car it drove and felt pretty solid but it being 21 years old there was rust occuring on the car and sills staring to screw up and the centre bearing starting to really get its grind on among other things i honestly wasnt to worried it look great to me was fun to drive and was solid but it was lacking wagon ive always loved wagons since day dot sometimes thought to myself if only it was a wagon less then 4 weeks ago an opportunity occurred and never had this planned but it all just happened and i went with it.

Attached File  IMG_1443.JPG   165.81KB   21 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1444.JPG   175.24KB   19 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1458.JPG   134.54KB   19 downloads

Okay :) So i got all excited when i found this wagon on gumtree at a dealer traded from denlo group granny spec i assume was in great condition inside and out they did get it completely cleaned and detailed top to bottom but even the paint work inside the doors and engine bay was incredible interior was mint yes its an lx but mint none the less even had the stock head unit in it brand new tyres with rego for an absolute steel i was so stoked at this point.

1996 Subaru Liberty Lx Wagon

Manual

330000 kms

So by now you guys probably have a good idea on whats going to happen next most parts and panels are going to be swapped onto the new wagon. & it began.... :)

Attached File  IMG_1456.JPG   233.73KB   10 downloads

Attached File  IMG_1460.JPG   193.38KB   9 downloads

Gladly to a good friend with the space and tools for the job as you can see and not to mention whipped out a sail shade which made a massive difference we had a lot of work to do.

I guess I should mention the list of parts i wanted to transfer from the sedan to the wagon.

Exterior:

Legacy gtb bonnet

Jdm legacy grill

Rx front bar

Rolled front guards

One piece projection headlights

hid kit.

Handling:

Suspension bc br coilovers

Cusco front strut brace

Gen4 spec B 316/294 front & rear brakes

Xxr 527s 18x8.75

Interior:

Gc8 wrx front seats

Gen 3 black momo steering wheel

5 speed subaru shift knob

Sound:

Sony xplod dvd double din

Kenwood 6's front doors

Sony 10' sub

Rockford fosgate amp

Started with the whole front end conversion.

Attached File  IMG_1461.JPG   234.35KB   9 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1462.JPG   185.59KB   9 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1468.JPG   206.73KB   9 downloads

]Attached File  IMG_1474.JPG   204.24KB   10 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1475.JPG   235.95KB   10 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1478.JPG   75.88KB   9 downloads

Front end was complete everything fitted up and headlights re wired now onto the suspension and brakes NOTE brakes havent been changed over didnt have time among everything else that needed to be changed over our main concern was the have each car drive able after any work being complete for the day.

Attached File  IMG_1480.JPG   107.58KB   9 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1488.JPG   185.81KB   10 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1491.JPG   229.84KB   9 downloads

Rear Done.

Attached File  IMG_1504.JPG   219.47KB   9 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1507.JPG   194.72KB   9 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1510.JPG   141.53KB   9 downloads

The wagons really starting to take shape well visually at this stage.

Dont have any photos of the interior at this stage but will post pictures up eventually.

How she was after the first 2 days of our venture.

Attached File  IMG_1539.JPG   152.45KB   9 downloads

Gave her a good bath was needed after the work took place as a matter a fact pretty sure it was her first wash in my hands :)

Attached File  IMG_1616.JPG   135.03KB   9 downloads

I liked the wagon without window tint for some reason which was strange for me but it was still a must so i organized for it to go into 

prestige & custom car salon in castle hill would recommend them well him Malcom his name is to just about anyone with any car if you live local that is he always looks after family or friends hes done 4 of my cars never an issue best part is lifetime warranty and the tint itself is manufactured in the usa great quality & uv protection  Grade is Carbon 18% (20%) sorry for the rant here it is...

Attached File  IMG_1718.JPG   168.43KB   9 downloads

Next up was to colour coat the hideous black strips along doors so i went to super cheap auto and matched up my paint code got the paint mixed went home and got started. Ps: ok so the next few photos im sorry to all the spray painters out there with my masking job just a little bit of overkill and simply a waste of paper (had no newspaper)

Attached File  IMG_1657.JPG   96.61KB   10 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1658.JPG   69.88KB   12 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1665.JPG   144.1KB   11 downloads

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 04 May 2016 - 07:37 PM

Never mind

tIeW8DE.png

#3 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 08:54 PM

Fark mate.

10 points for being...err...unique.

But I'd bet $5 on your wheels and tyres not being the most legal combo.

#4 Dylan_

Dylan_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 04 May 2016 - 09:10 PM

I know the wheels are common haha but i like them and the color i guess you either love them or hate them

haha yes but whats legal these days anyway.

#5 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:06 PM

haha yes but whats legal these days anyway.

Not those wheels and tyre's thats for sure. :sarcastic:

Wagon looks mint. Thats what my first Subaru was albeit '97.

OEM+

#6 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 04 May 2016 - 11:53 PM

I know a guy that sprayed his entire Mazda 3 MPS in Tiffany Blue. It was good for unique but I wasn't a fan.

Nothing wrong with being different though.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#7 Bumpty

Bumpty

My wob dreams are now wet dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,489 posts
  • Interests:Drinking wine with wob by the legacy side

Posted 05 May 2016 - 09:49 PM

Hey Guys...Okay so i thought after all these years id actually post a build up as i didn't with my forester, as ive had a few cars since then which were unfortunately not Subaru's until a couple of days before Christmas 2015 I left my job including a company car. 

attachicon.gifIMG_1443.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1444.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1458.JPG

Okay :) So i got all excited when i found this wagon on gumtree at a dealer traded from denlo group granny spec i assume was in great condition inside and out they did get it completely cleaned and detailed top to bottom but even the paint work inside the doors and engine bay was incredible interior was mint yes its an lx but mint none the less even had the stock head unit in it brand new tyres with rego for an absolute steel i was so stoked at this point.

1996 Subaru Liberty Lx Wagon

Manual

330000 kms

Nice wagon mate.

#8 applegeek897

applegeek897

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Technology and Photography

Posted 07 May 2016 - 12:42 AM

I'm not normally a fan of coloured wheels but I love how they look on the white. I adore gen 2's they look great man! Good job!

Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -

#9 Dylan_

Dylan_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 May 2016 - 11:59 AM

Sorry guys haven't been able to add more to this build thread right now but I will complete it to where I'm at with the wagon by mid this week. Cheers

#10 Dylan_

Dylan_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:21 PM

Nice wagon mate.

Thanks man :)

I'm not normally a fan of coloured wheels but I love how they look on the white. I adore gen 2's they look great man! Good job!

That's fair enough honestly I wasn't either & thank you much appreciated :)

I know a guy that sprayed his entire Mazda 3 MPS in Tiffany Blue. It was good for unique but I wasn't a fan.

Nothing wrong with being different though.

True honesty I saw one parked at a house on the central coast with custom yellow plates is that him/her ?

#11 Dylan_

Dylan_

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 09:36 PM

Glad you like it & thanks mate :)

#12 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 10:32 PM

True honesty I saw one parked at a house on the central coast with custom yellow plates is that him/her ?

That could actually be him! I can't remember his plates for the life of me though they were custom yellow.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#13 Reevesy

Reevesy

Adriano

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,597 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 05:14 AM

That could actually be him! I can't remember his plates for the life of me though they were custom yellow.

Plates are DISARM
And 99% sure it isn't a MPS, just a standard mazda 3 hatch

#14 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:01 AM

Plates are DISARM

Should have gotten DISLEG

#15 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts

Posted 11 May 2016 - 12:30 PM

Plates don't sound familiar, although I could've sworn his was an MPS.

He's since sold it anyway if I'm not mistaken.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

#16 applegeek897

applegeek897

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 231 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Technology and Photography

Posted 11 May 2016 - 08:57 PM

It's really amazing how plain and old the base gen 2 looks and is completely transformed, by projector head lights, rx bumper and turbo bonnet completely transform the car.

Daily: '00 Daihatsu Cuore "Kelly" - Build Thread -
Project / Weekender: '05 Subaru Liberty 3.0R-B Wagon - Build Thread -
Motorcycle: '14 Triumph Street Triple 660 - Build Thread -

#17 Adam

Adam

Snack down!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 46,970 posts
  • Interests:Not knowing things about stuff

Posted 12 May 2016 - 10:02 AM

Agreed. Great job really like it.

Apart from the windscreen sticker :)

Posted Image

#18 cameron

cameron

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 12:47 PM

swapping the driveline in aswell?

Have you put any more thought into squeezing some more power out of the engine. Like strapping on one of those intake fans

#19 DROSS

DROSS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 May 2016 - 01:28 PM

Gtb/rx front defiantly un-pedestrians the car

Needs more conversion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users