• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 B-spectacular

B-spectacular

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:31 PM

So about a few months ago I decided to do the "map light on with dome light" mod in my Liberty, and reversed the diode frying the driver for my interior light (bcm) causing it to stay on permanently, I was furious as I know the cost of a new one and the effort it requires to replace it, so I got some money together and started finding places that repair control modules, I found this one place basically right opposite valvoline speedway in Granville, they're called "Australian fuel injection" nicest blokes ever and knew exactly what they were doing, told them what I had done and gave them the wiring diagram for my car and they had it fixed in 1 day for $200 bucks works perfectly again!

Maybe a little more use of a multimeter and remembering my training will help if I try that mod again haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#2 Morgan

Morgan

...jus waitin' 4 a m8

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,485 posts
  • Interests:Taking a poo

Posted 22 June 2016 - 09:25 PM

Haha the good ol' BCM fry. I never ended up fixing it in my Outback but when I did it again in my Forester (yep - I did it twice!) I found a second hand unit at a local wreckers for $10. I don't think they knew what it was exactly haha

IM47Gcv.jpg

#3 B-spectacular

B-spectacular

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 November 2016 - 03:33 PM

Haha the good ol' BCM fry. I never ended up fixing it in my Outback but when I did it again in my Forester (yep - I did it twice!) I found a second hand unit at a local wreckers for $10. I don't think they knew what it was exactly haha

Oh wow that was a lucky find! I work next to Subaru and the price for a brand new one with keys and coding was enough to make me dizzy hahaha. Still haven't attempted it again.. a little bit nervous haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users