• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 DROSS

DROSS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 22 August 2016 - 05:03 PM

Need to wire in a obd2 connection to my v7 swap. Would anyone know if theres much variance in subaru obd2? I got an obd2 port from a similar era impreza and wondering if many of the wires are different or if additional inputs are needed. 

Also if anyone can point me in the direction of a jdm v7 sti ecu pin out as my googling didn't seem to show much.

#2 DROSS

DROSS

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 02:12 PM

Just to answer my own question in case anyone's search comes across this thread.

This is a basic guide of how i wired up an obd2 plug and Line end check connector (LECC) to my jdm v7 sti conversion. I know the wiring is the same for an AUDM v7 and the obd2 plug pinout is probably the same/similar on a lot of similar era subarus.

Link to complete 2002 LHD & RHD wrx & sti manuals: http://www.mediafire...za FSM 2002.zip

OBD2 pin out - Using the standard pin out for obd2 (apposed to subarus opposite numbering) 

OBD2 Pin 4     -   A7   Ecu pin - Ground
OBD2 Pin 5     -   A7   Ecu pin - Ground
OBD2 Pin 7     -   A21 Ecu pin - Data
OBD2 Pin 9     -   A20 LECC   - pin 3 in the white 6 pin plug called line end check connector (LECC), or can by pass the LECC and run direct from obd2 plug to ecu
OBD2 Pin 11   -   A10 LECC   - pin 4 in the white 6 pin plug called line end check connector (LECC), or can by pass the LECC and run direct from obd2 plug to ecu
OBD2 Pin 12   -   Runs to a Subaru specific data connection port and isn't needed in most cases, i left the pin empty
OBD2 Pin 13   -   Runs to a Subaru specific data connection port and isn't needed in most cases, i left the pin empty
OBD2 Pin 16   -   D10 Ecu pin - 12+ power

Hope this is helpful to someone

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users