aekOne

Boss Pelican

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,323 posts
  • Interests:Regulating

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:52 PM

2017_subaru_brz_01.jpg

The updated 2017 Subaru BRZ sports car has been revealed, ahead of a slated Australian premiere in November this year.

Mirroring its upgraded Toyota 86 twin that launches around the same time, six-speed manual versions of the MY17 Subaru BRZ get power and torque boosts, from 147kW to 152kW (at 7000rpm), and 205Nm to 212Nm (between 6400 and 6800rpm). The six-speed auto version is unchanged.

The four-year old BRZ gets a number of other changes designed to keep it sharp, including revised suspension, new cabin features including superior infotainment, and subtle design changes.

Exterior changes include revised front bumper and C-shaped headlights (with brand-first full LEDs), plus what Subaru purports to be an aircraft-inspired front spoiler, new 10-spoke 17-inch alloy wheels and revised boot garnish.

Inside the cabin are new multi-information instruments with a mid-mounted tacho and a 4.2-inch screen on the right showing other information including speed, plus there are also nicer door panels, a new smaller leather steering wheel, knee pads and some new switchgear.

Another new feature is a 6.2-inch touchscreen with six speakers, Bluetooth and voice control functions. This is the system used in other Subarus, and is a huge step up over the ad-hoc solution used in the original BRZ.

Subaru-BRZ-3.jpg

As mentioned, the 2.0-litre atmo engine gets a 5kW/7Nm bump when paired with the manual gearbox. The higher power output in manual transmission variants is achieved mainly through a combination of reduced pressure loss and optimised intake efficiency.

Other engine changes are claimed to include increased cylinder block rigidity, greater piston durability, buffed and polished valve stems, low-friction finish for the camshaft, an optimised fuel pump drive cam, an optimised internal shape of rocker arm pivots, changed shape of the fuel system components, changed fuel pressure sensor, a new generation fuel pump, changed ECU hardware and a different engine harness.

Chassis tweaks include a thicker strut tower bar mounting bracket and transmission cross-member reinforcing plate, and more reinforcement in the rear wheel housing, while the struts and shocks have been tweaked. The front differential mount stoppers have also been tweaked to lower vibrations and help noise suppression, apparently.

Theres also a new Track mode that changes the parameters of the ESC.

The most important change to the MY17 Subaru BRZ price is the only thing we dont yet know. The company says it will reveal all closer to the launch in November. The current pricing ranges from $37,150 to $38,650.

This info and more can be found at: http://www.caradvice.com.au/

: My Liberty :

#2 Bumpty

Bumpty

My wob dreams are now wet dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,439 posts
  • Interests:Drinking wine with wob by the legacy side

Posted 06 September 2016 - 10:44 PM

Niko

I wouldn't be surprised if that photo was from 2008 - Looks seriously dated and hasn't even been realised yet, Delia.

#3 motoboy76

motoboy76

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 689 posts
  • Interests:Subaru's, Dirt and road bikes......

Posted 07 September 2016 - 07:33 AM

I have a soft spot for these as I used to have one before the Navara....

Lots of nice little updates but no real power updates.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users