• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 armoured72

armoured72

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 September 2016 - 06:40 PM

So whilst at a local wreckers today thought id hit the jackpot finding 2 reasonable early impreza wagons, unfortunately not so as he did not want to sell whole vehicles (may try buying a rolling shell from him and go from there) Anyway did find a Gen2 Liberty sedan with a low k EJ25 in it attached to an auto (which i need for medical reasons) How straight forward is it to go from the 2.0 to the 2.5? Worth the while? What would you recommend for straightforward mods to the 2.5 prior to the swap if i was to?

Thanks D.

#2 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 09 October 2016 - 12:16 PM

G'day D,

What subaru do you have?  Only asking so we know what you're working with.

The EJ25 would probably need a loom change to go with it.  A mate of mine has an SF forester and dropped an EJ22 in where the EJ20 used to be using the factory wiring and ECU.  He just used the same timing sprockets and intake manifold from the EJ20.

With any engine swap - regardless if it's a conversion or not - it's always a good idea to do the front seals, rear main seal, timing kit including a new waterpump and HGs if they need to be done.  The coolant crossover O rings could be a good idea for piece of mind.

With any engine from a PAP yard, you've got to be cautious as to why the vehicle is there in the first place.  Is it there due to a dud engine or a running issue?  Is there obvious damage that's written the car off?   You could be buying someone else's problem - and if you're not handy on the tools to DIY you could be in for a lot more money in the long run :(  You also have to be willing to work on it to see what the issue is to fix that before it ends up in your vehicle.

Cheers

Bennie

"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users