• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 TylerN

TylerN

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 October 2016 - 09:27 PM

Just got myself a 2000 gc8 my dream car but I'm new to turbos as I have just come from my green P plates looking for some help making this beauty hit some good numbers but still keeping it a reliable daily. I am unsure where to start or what parts to keep an eye out for since I don't know which parts with fit what's a good bang for buck and everything like that I'm pretty much going into it with a blank slate as of right now it's fully stock only mod is new rims that are wide and full xforce system

Would apprishiate all the help I can get!
Cheers

#2 Brett82

Brett82

• Members
  • Pip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 October 2016 - 12:04 PM

Vf35 turbo (only cause they're cheap), process west top mount, Walbro fuel pump, new airflow meter (my00/99 ones are prone to failure) and a tune with the factory ecu will net you around 190kw at the wheels

#3 Bumpty

Bumpty

My wob dreams are now wet dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,489 posts
  • Interests:Drinking wine with wob by the legacy side

Posted 05 October 2016 - 04:30 PM

Just got myself a 2000 gc8 my dream car but I'm new to turbos as I have just come from my green P plates looking for some help making this beauty hit some good numbers but still keeping it a reliable daily. I am unsure where to start or what parts to keep an eye out for since I don't know which parts with fit what's a good bang for buck and everything like that I'm pretty much going into it with a blank slate as of right now it's fully stock only mod is new rims that are wide and full xforce system

Would apprishiate all the help I can get!
Cheers

Pro tip, read through WRX build threads (here/other forums) and build your knowledge from those. And Shirley you're being a tickle dramatic when you say it's your dream Car, SHIRLEY!?

#4 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 05 October 2016 - 06:33 PM

Gotta start somewhere Bumpty.

My advice is pretty much the same as Bumpty's - do your reading/research and don't rush into things!

I'd also suggest getting to know how to drive it properly so you know it's handling characteristics etc. that way you'll know if your latest mod has been a good move or not.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#5 GNGBNG

GNGBNG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 02:47 PM

Good advise from above two posts.

What are you looking to do with the car, race, cruise, stance, etc.?

This would help with advising you on what to look for/modify  next.

If you're racing, just make sure it is reliable with good tyres, and get out there and learn the car as it is. I can tell you there is nothing more satisfying than beating a car that is clearly faster than your own.

If you're stancing, no need to learn how to drive, or procreate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users