• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 blackoutsuby

blackoutsuby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 09:35 PM

So at first my upper radiator hose split, i then replaced it and about 20mins of driving later the turbo coolant hose split, also replaced that... and now another hose has split?!?!? whats happening? I've had it pressure tested and all but it seems to fk out on me everytime it gets fixed

#2 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:00 PM

Cap might be seized? If the cap wont releive pressure, the next weakest point will, which is inevitably your old hoses.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#3 blackoutsuby

blackoutsuby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 October 2016 - 10:03 PM

Cap might be seized? If the cap wont releive pressure, the next weakest point will, which is inevitably your old hoses.

Okay ill have to get that checked thanks as the two that recently split were rusty 

#4 Arfreedom

Arfreedom

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 October 2016 - 10:58 PM

The twin turbo engine does be extremely hot especially with two turbos. So and this age you might have to change out the hoses as they crack. Make sure you are using a good oil base coolant or you can check the new technology of water less coolant found on the internet that the boiling point of the coolant is 300+ degrees.
I would love to try that coolant here in my country but challenges of shipping it to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#5 podmak

podmak

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 10:01 PM

I read somewhere that the rust built up inside the engine is caused by the use of incorrect coolant. (So it must be truth because this is a post on the internet)

As for the hoses, the idea goes like this.

As the car goes older, the heater hoses loose their elasticity. By constant heating up and cooling down.

Over time they harden to a point that they start to crack. This is not something extraordinary, it's a fact.

The first hose that cracks is the weakest. You replace it with the new one, and it is suddenly the strongest. But then the second-weakest hose suddenly becomes the weakest, and it is only a matter of time before it cracks too.

It goes on and on like this.

What I really mean to say is that when you are a beginner at doing your own car work, always replace ALL hoses at the same time. Yes it is a big job, but you may end up replacing each hose 1 by 1, and I don't know about you, but I don't fancy taking off intercooler every weekend to replace another hose...

Have a look at my journey through cooling, it may help... http://www.subyclub....g-system/page-2

gallery_5378_147_9927.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users