4 replies to this topic

#1 motorculture

motorculture

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:16 PM

Subaru is changing the way its customers traditionally service their cars by introducing new mobile service vans*.

Subaru%20Goes%20Mobile%201.jpg

Qualified Subaru mobile service technicians perform the service from the convenience of the customers chosen location whether at home, shopping centre (dependent on access being granted by the centres management), work etc. The new service is a part of Subarus do rebrand initiative, to be innovative and do things differently, ultimately creating positive change for customers.

Subaru Australia Managing Director, Colin Christie, said: We have been very encouraged by the reaction to this concept. Its the way of the future. If you are not innovating in todays world youre probably falling behind, and as a brand known for innovation, its imperative for us to continue to roll out new ideas.

Subaru%20Goes%20Mobile%202.jpg

The mobile service van was rolled out earlier this year and was initially trialled in Subaru Narellan, NSW. It is now operating within the areas of several Subaru Sydney retailers.

The van has also been on Subarus dealership roadshow nationwide and is currently being evaluated in Canberra, Wagga Wagga and Port Macquarie. The van will also support pop-up stores in Melbourne next year.

Subaru%20Goes%20Mobile%203.jpg

Customer feedback has been overwhelmingly positive. Subaru Narellans Service Manager, Phil Eyke, said: The response from customers is great once they have experienced the service. Our own network of service centres have been receptive to the mobile service van and we believe that corporate clients will likely be a large part of mobile service clientele moving forward.

Given the success rate and network capacity, it is expected more mobile service vans will be introduced across different regions. It is anticipated that 10 vans will be on the road by the end of 2017, according to Mr. Christie.

Subaru%20Goes%20Mobile%204.jpg

The vans offer customers convenience and time saving, two main factors preventing people from servicing their cars or on a timely basis. They also eliminate any need for customers to wait at a service centre.

The Subaru mobile service van is particularly popular amongst care-givers, those with busy work schedules as well as elderly people.

There is also a positive response from the technicians performing mobile services, allowing them to experience personal one-on-one customer interaction. Mr Eyke said: It has become a great opportunity to introduce talented team members to customer interaction, and I am confident the future leaders of our business will come through these ranks.

The van is also being offered to Subaru fleet customers who value the idea of mobile servicing to minimise the disruption to work.

*Mobile servicing not available for 50,000KM service (all models), STI vehicles, and pre MY12 vehicles.

For more information on Subaru locally, visit:

Subaru Australia: http://www.subaru.com.au/

#2 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 12:50 PM

How can I be JDM when my service van is a VW. 

#3 Samwise

Samwise

Official official of the official.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
  • Interests:Taste so good, make you wanna slap yo' mama.

Posted 10 October 2016 - 01:36 PM

They'll be spending more money on that Transporter, then gaining in profits..

I like to think of it as borrowing someone's car and driving it better than them.

#4 twinturbosubaru

twinturbosubaru

Trusted Member

• Administrators
  • PipPipPip
  • 640 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 06:44 AM

Great idea I think, about time that Subaru started doing something different !

GEN4 Black Liberty 3.0R Spec B Wagon
GEN1 Red Mica RS Liberty - Stock factory original

Love is a Legacy, Liberty, etc......

#5 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 01 November 2016 - 03:36 PM

Never thought I would see this from Subaru, or a major car company here in Aus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users