1 reply to this topic

#1 kolaks

kolaks

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 06:27 AM

Hey guys, just picked up a 2015 premium wrx. Love it

Ive noticed when the headlights setting is on auto, the fog lights are always on.

Any way to keep them off? Tried a few flicks of the foglight settings but they remain on...

Cheers.

#2 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 24 October 2016 - 09:10 AM

Hey mate, the Aussie delivered WRX Premium has Daytime Running Lights in the foglight housing. If you take a look at the foglight there is another little bulb at the front that is always on (when everything else is off). When you turn on the headlights, foglights or have the headlights come on with auto mode, it will turn off that bulb. If they seem on when the headlights are on, you've probably got the foglights on (foglight bulb is brighter though).

If you don't like the yellow colour, there is an LED bulb replacement. Otherwise you have to take the bulbs out to disable it completely. It is a safety feature so I wouldn't recommend it. I've recently done the genuine LED DRL from the Japanese S4 for mine - but its a bit pricey and requires a connector change.

If you've parked the car and want to test the DRL and its the CVT (no idea about manual, maybe similar). Start the car. Check the headlight and foglights are set to off (just in case the auto sensor turns them on). Put the car into Drive or Neutral, take the handbrake off. Then go back into Park and handbrake back on. The DRLs should now be on. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users