#1 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 08:38 PM

Hey Guys,

So I have some dope ass rimz, OZ Racing Superleggera. But they have a decade of JDM brake dust and corrossion on them (see pic1)

I've tested some fine sandpaper on them (pic2) and was intending to sand it all down lightly and following with a cleaner and polish (probably with a buffing ball on a drill).

My question is, am I delaying the inevitable? Should I just have them sandblasted and powdercoated?

Changing rims is out of the question, these babies are discontinued and so freaking light.

Would appreciate input :D

Attached Files

#2 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 05 November 2016 - 06:55 AM

Very common on s/h wheels from Japan. You can hit them with some IronX and then a lot of elbow grease. Ive found using a lubricant like quick detailer and a small , well used screwdriver that has rounded edges and gently rubbed over the contaminants removes them without marking the paint but like I said, its a lot of elbow grease especially with so many spokes.

If it were me, i'd be getting them refurbished and save your time but would be going with sanded and 2k painted rather than aggressive sandblasting and powdercoat.

OEM+

#3 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 09:59 AM

Cheers Mark, I'll try the Iron X. But like you said I am thinking proper resto will be the ultimate answer. Will have to compare paint to powdercoat. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users