Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:39 PM

Standard BOV?

#22 Wadesta

Wadesta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 05:30 AM

Nah mate, aftermarket plumbed straight into the manifold (as in no pills in the line).

Check valve did sweet nothing, so that's something else I can cross off the list.

I decided yesterday that I really need to go back to basics and work from one side to the other, so I shortened the ECV rod right up and was able to make 1 bar on the primary (wastegate disconnected) with an audible screech when it got close to 1 bar so I will go hunting for a boost / exhaust. The boost dropped down to 0.3bar once in twin turbo mode, which is what I have been seeing anyway. It also cut fuel at around 5500rpm, and threw a CEL which cleared upon restarting the car. I will grab my scan tool next drive and see if it will do it again.

#23 JeremyB4

JeremyB4

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 May 2018 - 10:21 PM

Hey all,

Wondering if you got this one resolved? My 2001 AUS B4 is doing exactly what you have described. I had a hole in the aftermarket secondary dump pipe for a couple of months. Then threw a P0031 code and sure enough a new genuine AFR sensor solved it. Got the exhaust leak fixed then got this exact boost issue shortly after. Solenoids, lines, valves and turbos appear to be in good working order.
Starting to wonder now if the dumps have been compromised.

Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users