• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hazzie

Hazzie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 December 2016 - 03:30 PM

Hi, I'm new to the Subaru business and was wanting to do a bit to my Subaru Outback 2000 am a noob when it comes to this stuff but am wanting to get a biqt of experience. So I was wondering if anyone could help me out by picking some things I could do to the car. Am wanting to swap the engine out but am not sure what to... Am wanting to get some better suspension. Am wanting either a performance exhaust or a straight pipe but am unable to find one for the make of my car. Am wanting to turn the car into a sleeper without breaking the bank. So if anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated!

The car is fully stock at the moment

Thanks,
Hazzie

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,455 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:30 PM

Am wanting to swap the engine out but am not sure what to...

Not worth doing assuming youre on P's? Best you could do is an EZ30 H6 swap which will be neither cheap or easy unfortunately. If in a few years you decide you really do love the car you could look into a JDM twin turbo half cut and swapping everything over. Also not cheap or easy perse but is the easier of the engine swap options.

You cant just swap the engine. You need everything else that goes with it. Wiring, radiator, exhaust, sensors and lots of other bits and pieces 

Expect to pay around 4000+ if you do your own work

Am wanting to get some better suspension.

2 options here. A bilstien setup from a Legacy GTB or coilovers. Keep in mind the outback has a 1" body lift and going low forks up your suspenion angles and CVs. Havent seen many people with issues with going the Bilstein setup. Expect to pay around 400

. Am wanting either a performance exhaust or a straight pipe but am unable to find one for the make of my car. Am wanting to turn the car into a sleeper without breaking the bank. So if anyone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated!

Again you have 2 options. Get a branded system from yahoo japan or get a local exhaust shop to make you something. Probably both be a bout the same cost but the local shop will be a heck of a lot faster. A straight pipe will sound like ass. A 2.25"  catback with a decent oval muffler and a resonator is what you want. If youre after the classic subaru rumble youll need a set of Unequal length headers. Ebay is your best bet for those

As for making it a sleeper there is 0 power to be gained on a non turbo engine. Anything you do will add noise but no power. Make the car look good and handle well while saving for either a proper engine conversion or a WRX. 

Also welcome to the forums. Post some pics for us and thoroughly research things before you decide. Google and the search bar are you friend. You will get a heck of a lot better answers if you do some research and thinking vs just demanding answers in the future :)

tIeW8DE.png

#3 GNGBNG

GNGBNG

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 02:07 PM

There is heaps if information on this site.

Many people here have gone through what you are wanting to do, and they have threads detailing these upgrades, get reading.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Subaru, Outback, 2000, Project, Help!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users