• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Tyler.raffle

Tyler.raffle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:45 PM

First time using this, so I apologize if this has been addressed already. Looking to upgrade the stock exhaust on my 2002 legacy blitzen with an ej208.

Thinking cat back and wanting something that will give me a decent amount of volume to really wake up the rumble.

looking for suggestions on which brands and products to look into, not looking to spend mega bucks but not cheap out at the same time .

#2 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 01:47 PM

Hey Tyler,

Welcome.

I'd suggest looking through the build threads under the Liberty tab, it should have plenty of Gen 3 Liberty's like yours. Most users will list their modifications in their first post.

In purchasing, Import Monster is a good avenue to find a used exhaust from Japan via Yahoo Auctions.

We also have a Facebook page, where items come up for sale from time to time. Also the 'Great Buys/Bargains' thread on here includes some exhausts.

#3 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 03:11 PM

OTS systems limited to JDM and MRT ($$). 

For Cat-back, probably best to find a good exhaust shop to fab up a 3" job, or hack an OTS wrx exhaust.

If you just want a nice sound, a nice JDM diff-back or locally sourced straight-through muffler will give you a nice rumble. Try jamming the exhaust flap open (behind a panel in the boot, RHS)

Here's a 208 with stock downpipes, no mid cat, a 2.25" mid-pipe off an H6 (with resonator) and a 2.5" diffback. Attached File  zorst_H6_mid_2.5_diffback.mp3   367.35KB   2 downloads

and here's a turbo-back MRT 3" stainless setup on the same car. Attached File  zorst_MRT_3_TBE.mp3   118.72KB   7 downloads

Although the MRT is a fair bit quieter in real life, I think the bass on the first one is also amplified -- I was backed up to my garage when recording it, while the MRT one was out in the open.

They both sounded pretty good. I think the stock exhaust with the flapper is the main culprit.

I still have the H6 midpipe/muffler setup in the garage.  You can have it for $50. Its a little irregal, as it doesn't have a center cat (but the resonator sort-of looks like it could be a pussy)

#4 Arfreedom

Arfreedom

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 January 2017 - 10:30 PM

You want more rumble..........
Easy switch over to a 3" piping and take out the resonator.
And for even better performance take out the catalyst convert if its not against your laws in your country.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#5 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,057 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 17 January 2017 - 11:27 PM

First time using this, so I apologize if this has been addressed already. Looking to upgrade the stock exhaust on my 2002 legacy blitzen with an ej208.

Thinking cat back and wanting something that will give me a decent amount of volume to really wake up the rumble.

looking for suggestions on which brands and products to look into, not looking to spend mega bucks but not cheap out at the same time .

Hi and welcome to SC m8.

It helps us give you better info if we know what country/state you are in.

Not to many gen3 Blitzen around, it's a rare car her in Australia.

Post sum pics if you can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users