3 replies to this topic

#1 haioken

haioken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:01 PM

Hi Subaru Fans,

My girlfriend has unfortunately now lost both keys to her MY11 Subaru Impreza.

Having spoken to two Australian dealerships near us, they state that they require us to deliver the car in order for them to cut a new key. (One states for coding, the other for locksmithing)

Unfortunately, this is not really viable, as our car is parked in a location completely inaccessible to a towtruck (rental property with gated carport off a tight alley way), and locked. Even if we could get into the car and unlock the steering column, it's pointed downhill towards the house, on a hill that we simply could not push it back up.

According to my own research, (http://subaru.locksm...nt_key_info.pdf) Given the VIN number they should be able to cut and code a new key remotely without any hassle.

"Provided the VIN is found in the database, the immobilizer Security ID along with the key/ cutting code will appear"

Does anybody know of a dealer (preferably Australian) that will be willing to do this given the VIN, and ownership verification (as the first and only owner of the car)?

Cheers,

Hayden

#2 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:09 PM

In Sydney some of the dealers have mobile service vans that could do it for you.

What dealer did you buy it off, and are they not willing to come out and help? Or to code a new key?

Perhaps call Subaru Australia and tell them of your plight. Then if they confirm a dealership can do it I'd call back the dealerships and get a bit pushier.

Also some good Auto Locksmiths can do it for you.

#3 haioken

haioken

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:18 PM

Hi Niko,

Thanks for the info, mine was in Frankston, Victoria. I've spoken to Frankston and Glen Waverley

I'll check on the locksmiths of the area and give the head office a try as well.

Otherwise it's looking like getting this car moving again would be a $2000+ venture:

• Locksmith to cut blank phyisical key
  • small heavy work equipment to get the car out of the driveway (like a forklift)
  • towing to nearest dealership
  • new key with transponder cut

#4 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:21 PM

Nah, get a locksmith to recode a key for you, the good ones should be able to do it. Will cost a bit due to call out fee etc but will work just as well as Subaru key.

I reckon First Choice Locksmiths could do it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users