• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Psht123

Psht123

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 06:45 AM

Hey guys, I have a 2000 be5b m/t and it is suffering from a range of boost issues:

1.Only boosts to 8/10psi on secondary.Runs 26psi vaccum off throttle.

2.When attempting to accelerate from low rpms (before 2nd turbo kicks in), it will suddenly over boost to 8/10psi, then very quickly drop back down before it starts boosting properly. The revs will jump from 3 to 4/4.5k while this happens then suddenly drop back down to 3k. All of this is within 1 second and as you can imagine creates a very uncomfortable experience when trying to drive at anything below 4k.

I've followed some of the steps on the guide to twin turbo page, removed the tmic checked the intake hoses, cleaned the intercooler control valve, cleaned various hoses and replaced a lot of hose clamps. Replaced the rubber intake hose with silicone one, as well as done ecv bypass, ecv adjustment and reset ecu. All of which made very minimal improvement.

I fear the ecv might be blown open as that explains why second turbo is getting a sudden rush of air before levelling itself out. This fluctuation started when I did the hose 10 mod, and have since reverted back to stock setup.adjusting ecv to very loose or very tight makes almost zero difference.

However it was still only boosting 10 before hose 10 mod so I believe their is a separate boost leak as well, or could a broken ecv cause the boost leak too??

I plan on doing a full vaccum line replacement, but I was wondering if anyone has had a similar experience with a broken ecv or boost fluctuations and could shed some light on a possible remedy, or whether the ecv are even accessible or replaceable ?

Cheers.

#2 LukeFranky

LukeFranky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:49 AM

The revs will jump from 3 to 4/4.5k while this happens then suddenly drop back down to 3k. All of this is within 1 second and as you can imagine creates a very uncomfortable experience when trying to drive at anything below 4k.

- Sounds like the clutch is slipping.

The B4 Bomber - 2002 MY03 Subaru Liberty B4, ADM, Manual, EJ208. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users