No replies to this topic

#1 motorculture

motorculture

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 02:05 PM

Following its triumphant return to rallying in 2016, Subaru has confirmed its commitment to the domestic competition, with the Subaru do Motorsport team ready to go in the CAMS 2017 Australian Rally Championship (ARC).

The championship-winning duo of Molly Taylor and co-driver Bill Hayes will again campaign an All-Wheel Drive WRX STI in 2017- but in the Production Rally Car (PRC) class, which allows less technical restrictions than the Group N Class pursued in 2016.

The team’s new car is being prepared by Launceston-based Les Walkden Rallying (LWR) and will compete in the expanded six round series that begins next month with the Eureka Rally, in Ballarat, Victoria (March 17-19).

Subaru Australia Managing Director, Colin Christie, said: “After the excitement and achievement of 2016, we’re keen to take up where we left off.

“Molly is a great Ambassador for Subaru and we’re humbled by the amount of attention she’s gained, especially with the young audience, where she’s an inspirational role model and has attracted attention way beyond the core rally audience.

“By going to the PRC class we can give Molly and Bill a little more leeway in the new car’s performance, while retaining the essential Subaru WRX STI ingredients of turbocharged Boxer engine and All-Wheel Drive.

“From what we hear, the competition may well be more intense this year, so we want to give the team every opportunity to repeat their success – which means it’ll be an even more exciting championship for rally fans!”

SUBARU%20COMMITS%20TO%20AUSTRALIAN%20RAL

Molly said: “The excitement of our championship win still hasn’t subsided, but I’ve certainly learned and grown as a driver a huge amount over the past year.

“Having a year under my belt as a factory team driver has taught me a lot more about focusing, which has really helped me improve.

“It’s a very motivating environment working with LWR and Subaru. Together, we’re very much invested in winning.

“One of my key learnings from last year is the importance of the ‘one percenters’, keeping that attention to detail and improving every area, no matter how small, so that we’re always in the best possible position.” 

Last November, Taylor became the first female – and youngest - winner of the ARC after the tightest title tussle in 25 years.

Hayes took out the co-drivers title too, making it a dual celebration.

The championship win made it 11 ARC titles for Subaru. The brand previously achieved an unbroken run from 1996 to 2005 – a benchmark that remains unbeaten - before it withdrew from domestic rallying, only re-emerging in 2016 year under the Subaru do Motorsport banner, to again take top honours.

CAMS AUSTRALIAN RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP® CALENDAR 2017

Round 1: Eureka Rally, Victoria – March 17-19   

Round 2: Make Smoking History Forest Rally, Western Australia  – April 21-23

Round 3: International Rally of Queensland – May 26-28

Round 4: Light Force Rally, South Australia – September 15-17

Round 5: National Capital Rally, ACT – October 13-15

Round 6: Kennards Hire Rally Australia, NSW – November 16-19

For more information please visit Subaru Australia

Or join our community at  https://www.facebook...SubaruAustralia

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users