• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 baxta

baxta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 09:57 AM

so the old man still has the gt-b which seem to be having boost issues with the second turbo which he thinks is the boost control valve solanoid in the control box. he has checked the vacume lines and seem fine but hasnt replaced them(i will when i get it) i live in brisbane and he in bundy as i cant see the solanoid in peroson and trying to source it myself, would any one know what the part number is for the solanoid and is a outback or wrx solanoid of the same gen compatible?
also being a noob is there a list of abreviations in a thread somewere?

#2 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:15 PM

*solenoid.

OEM+

#3 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 03:22 PM

Here comes the Aeroplane!

We have a huge "Your Guide To Twin Turbo" resource thread in the "Twin Turbo" section.

I would strongly suggest you get into it and check all the diagrams and diagnostic advice before randomly picking things that you think is the problem.

Secondary turbo problems are usually related to either the Intercooler Air Control Valve or the Exhaust Control Valve. Fore the secondary to not be functioning it's one of a few things..

- ECV seized shut
- IACV stuck open or closed
- Secondary Bypass Valve leaking
- Secondary turbo seized

I would suggest doing the ECV solenoid bypass mod. This will rule out if the problem is stemming from a shot solenoid in the black box.

All this information can be found in the above mentioned thread. It's the TT bible, get stuck in!

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

#4 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:18 PM

oh - and they're generally all the same, AFAIK.

Really - it can only be 12V, NC (normally closed) or NO (open). Pretty sure they're all NC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users