Photo

Scooby-Doo's Mystery Machine (2005 SG9 XT)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SubyNewbie

SubyNewbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 02:38 PM

So I have been on here for a couple of months now and it is time to start a build thread.  I have a picture in mind of how I want her to be eventually but a couple of other things will take precident first (such as a wedding to a beautiful partner who also loves her cars).  Bit of my history is that I have previously been into Fords (Found of rubbish dumps).  My last ford which I swapped out for this thing plus cash my way was a purple FG xr6 turbo ute with an auto.  While I miss the old girl I don't miss all the troubles she gave us.  When she drove well, she was an awesome modern aussie muscle machine.  But she was as sour as a :fork: ing lemon.  my woderful wife to be currently drives a v35 skyline in what I think is called carribean blue and rolling on 20inch hussla rims.

Anyway here are a couple of pictures of how she rolled into the carport.

Attached Files

#2 SubyNewbie

SubyNewbie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:00 PM

The stereo head unit was also already installed into the car.  We ordered a new gear Knob to replace the worn out stock thing.  You will see in the picture that the gear boot doesn't fit onto the new know so when I have a spare moment at work at some stage I will turn up a little piece for it to sit on (fitter and turner by trade).  We have been having trouble with condensation in the driver's side headlight and it has been leaking into the ballast.  We did have an auto electrian look at it the first time it happened.  He had dried it all out and resealed it to get it to work again but it didnt last.  We have managed to find a supplier that can give us a brand new headlight and ballast module for about 750, so we are waiting for that to come via post and have that installed.  Just got to wait for it to come in.  Trust us to need rare and hard to come by parts.

20170319_113604_zpshvcddgx6.jpg

20170319_113613_zpsvqhst8dp.jpg

20170319_113622_zpscvnqcszv.jpg

#3 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 26 March 2017 - 03:19 PM

Welcome mate. A nice pickup there. Check out Morgans XT Foz thread here; http://www.subyclub....ster-xt/page-64

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users