Photo

Gen 3 Auto - ECU independent from TCU input/signal?

Gen3 Gen3 ECU

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 12 April 2017 - 12:26 AM

G'day all,

I'm hoping someone might be able to answer this for me:

Is the gen3 ECU independent from the TCU? What I mean is if I take an auto ECU and loom to use in a conversion (in a manual) would the ECU freak out due to no TCU signal or connection detected?

I know in the earlier liberties you ground one wire to tell the ECU it's auto or manual (I can't remember which way it is!).

Cheers

Bennie

PS: don't freak out when I say conversion. I know many here would be wondering what lib/impreza/foz it'd be going into or why bother with this amount of work in the first place - if it happens it'll be going into an old skool subi that'll be manual.
These parts would most likely sit on the shelf for a while as I build on the parts required (aka, gather cheap over time).
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#2 Arfreedom

Arfreedom

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 08:55 PM

A friend of mine had a automatic B4 and he convert to manual and he had to change the ecu.
Hope this info helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 01OBK

01OBK

• Members
  • Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 07:20 PM

Yeah, there's a separate ecu under the drivers side of the dash for the auto box. Was wondering the same when I bought a manual engine ecu in my auto

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users