23 replies to this topic

#21 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 02:15 AM

Yeah ide say so lol ill post what is causeing the engine lignt to come on tomorrow

#22 TSG

TSG

Cured

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,569 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 01:02 PM

So my mechanics quoted me 5800$

Even if you spent twice that, I'll bet he still can't fix it properly. B4's will either end up enthusiast cars or compressed cubes.

I'd be finding a new mechanic.

You can try and fix what you have. Read and follow what is on this forum closely. But if it's well and truly knackered. I don't want to be that guy... but maybe consider a single turbo conversion. If the block is fine you should be able to do it a lot cheaper than an engine swap.

B4's can be oily. I wouldn't stress over some minor residue in the intercooler and intake. Check that the oil on the exhaust (smoking) isn't coming from the rocker cover seals. Thats what was wrong with my B4 before I traded it. Get codes for the CEL. Tinker with it. But if you're not confident, there are people that know how to fix it on this forum.

#23 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,010 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 11:50 PM

yeh - hate to say it, but a 15+yo TT is a car for the mechanically minded who doesn't mind tinkering and fixing, or cashed up enthusiast.

Still -- you can always learn by jumping in the deep end.

#24 Dylan720

Dylan720

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 May 2017 - 07:23 AM

Im quite mechanicly minded i built my sohc ej25 fir my 01 liberty and alot of other cars just never done turbo stuff thats all im gonna get a 2nd opinion on it anywau bu ill probably end up doing it all myself what is needed to do a single turbo conversion ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users