• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 skud19

skud19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 10:45 PM

hey, so ive owned a nissan s13ca18det, a nissan s14 sr20det, and an s15 sr20det. yesterday i decided to change things up and purchased a cheap 2001 liberty b4 3gen manual my02. 

I literally have no idea about the workings of these engines and stuff, but im keen to learn. So far, the car is great, except I was poking around in the engine bay just sussing stuff out and i came across the most confusing manuel boost controller setup on it in the world. without trying to explain what the guys done, because i cant... i was wondering if

a. should there even be a mbc put in this car...

b. if so where should it be and what should it be connected to 

c. if it shouldnt be there what should i do to get it all back to stock, so to speak. 

I apoligise in advance if reading this is frustrating, but ive searched for tutorials, tried searching for anyone anywhere whos done this and didnt hit any results. 

thanks in advance. 

adam

Perth 

#2 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 11:02 PM

MBC will work on a B4 - but probably best to return it to stock.

The TT info thread has all you need.

http://www.subyclub....-to-twin-turbo/

#3 skud19

skud19

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 08:30 AM

Thanks mate, 

Returned to stock last night. 

Booking it in for a tune this week at the local jap tuner. hopefully they can set it up for a good base level and then ill learn from there.

thanks. 

#4 Jimbo

Jimbo

Livin' the Legacy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 12:28 PM

If the MBC was assumably on the Primary Turbo, its likely the restrictor pill that belongs in the stock T shaped lines (between compressor and wastegate) is gone. Unless you put the original lines back in if you had them.

Did you just use some vac hose or the original lines? Original lines will have a white marker on them where the pill should be. Without the pill you wont see full performance as the wastegate will open earlier.

'04 Liberty GT Premium "The Sprog Chariot"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users