Photo

Developed a flat spot when accelerating after having a service.

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#21 2.0R

2.0R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 02 June 2017 - 09:19 AM

Nah, don't worry about bombing the thread... main thing is to get discussion going.

Might find my multi-meter and check the HV leads over the weekend.

OK cool.
I hear you about the radio but I rarely listen to it, loving going thru all my old CD's tho :-) Hoodoo Gurus, Eurythmics Gen Xers will know what I  mean.
Anyhow, I found, from my V8 days, running the car, bonnet up in total darkness is a great way to pick up is coils and leads are joining in on the vivid light show.

#22 NQRSoobee

NQRSoobee

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:54 PM

I have a blue tooth box of tricks plugged in the cigarette lighter port which is paired with my mobile and I tune the radio into the output of the blue tooth box.  Means I can answer telephone calls while driving, which is legal here as I haven't touched my mobile.  :-)))

Good point, I should pop the bonnet and have a look.  I think given it's gonna be something like 2 C overnight here and today it was a nice balmy clear sky day of 18+ I think I'll leave going out into cold chilly air to the Mehican chapter of Subyclub.  ;-)

#23 2.0R

2.0R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 12:20 AM

Who has heard of a PAK update and where would I find someone to do it?

http://www.uklegacy....leration/page-3

#24 NQRSoobee

NQRSoobee

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:12 PM

Well if it's a standard windoze .pak file type then it's just a compressed archive holding all the needed files for an ECU update.  If you can get a copy of it then if it's a .pak file WinRAR can look inside the archive.  I presume it's similar to doing a PC BIOS update; that is have the right software (& connection to the ECU) then carefully upload the new firmware into the ECU.

That said I read the last part of the link and one of the posters again said the issue has been identified as the EGR valve.  Time to pull it out of your Suby 2.0R and give it a good once over.  Good luck with it (I'm still baulked at pulling my IACV as it's buried in amongst a whole heap of old hoses which knowing my luck I'll crack a couple in non-obvious locations).

#25 2.0R

2.0R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:39 PM

Well it certainly can't hurt to clean the EGR, may as well give it a go myself.
I assume there are two?

#26 NQRSoobee

NQRSoobee

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 09 June 2017 - 08:26 PM

Dunno for your model.  I reckon just pure economics would suggest a single valve and two infeed pipes with an outlet hooked into the inlet manifold.

For the record so far I haven't had my flat spot return yet since resetting the ECU.

#27 2.0R

2.0R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 09:38 AM

EJ204

My flatspot comes back every time, varying degrees and duration.
It creeps back, to the point where it shits me driving it, reset the ECU and the car drives faultless.

Still waiting on USB cables to investigate.

Maybe going to use ECUFlash and may have to buy a trixx cable.

#28 2.0R

2.0R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 04:06 PM

Had a bluetooth fall in my lap...

Attached Files

#29 NQRSoobee

NQRSoobee

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 09:20 PM

Score!  I think you have a cleaning job of an air injection control valve / check of the controlling electrical circuit coming up soon.

Used to have a similar air pump on my Series 2 RX-7... as can't buy the original exhaust for love or money and the "thermal reactor" tends to crack so I had the pump removed from my 7 when the "sports" exhaust went on.

#30 2.0R

2.0R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:54 PM

Wellll... around the time of my last post I noticed it had been driving more betterer, to the point tonight I noticed the CEL had gone.
There is still a slight flat spot but , probably nothing a set of plugs wouldn't fix.

Things Ive done to fix it;

Upper cylinder cleaner, which probably got into the secondary air system, causing two of the codes???

Gone back to my cheap premium fuel

Drove it

Ignored it.

Cost, around $20 on a can.

#31 NQRSoobee

NQRSoobee

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 10:56 PM

Nice.  A put in petrol UEC wouldn't feedback from the injectors to the air system prior to the injectors.  I presume you bought the manually spray into the air system stuff?  If so then yes if there's airflow then it'll go there; just depends if it's enough.  Hopefully it'll help the valve may be able to self clear.

Doing similar here, I've put some injector cleaner in the last couple of tanks.  Seems to have helped as it's noticeably running smoother except first thing in the morning as it has it's own kangaroo juice without any help from me.  :-D  Could be anything but I suspect a dirty / clogged injector weeping juice too.

What I've noticed from having the car 9 odd months now is given it's currently winter the CEL is coming on almost all the time.  Conversely over summer the CEL will stay off all the time.  I wonder if I have a O2 sensor heater circuit problem.

#32 2.0R

2.0R

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:21 PM

Yeah, can or spray into the inlet manifold, blew some shit... still not sure if it was the contents of the can burning or any actual shit it may have dislodged from the engine...

Nice.  A put in petrol UEC wouldn't feedback from the injectors to the air system prior to the injectors.  I presume you bought the manually spray into the air system stuff?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users