• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Subychheck

Subychheck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 05:51 PM

I just got my 04 Impreza back from the shop after having the lower control arm rear bushings replaced and noticed a strong burning rubber smell while stopped (after driving for 5-10mins). The smell is very much like the odor from CV boot grease spraying on the exhaust. I've recently had the brake pads and rotors changed. My initial thought was the brakes locking on, checked them all and even reset the caliper pistons. Although the pads are very pretty much touching the rotor there is no difference in heat or moving resistance between the tyres. Problem still persisted. Checked for oil/coolant leaks and couldn't see anything. Ran the car just idling for 10min and vola no smell. This makes me think it's still something to do with the brakes or maybe some grease from the control arm bushings?
A wheel alignment was also conducted but i can't see any signs of tyre rub etc. Any help would be appreciated!

#2 NQRSoobee

NQRSoobee

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 31 May 2017 - 06:43 PM

Had a similar problem with my RX-7 when I had a track suspension kit fitted to it (actually raised the height of it as the original springs had sagged that much) turned out to be the inside wall of a tyre rubbing on a suspension component.  Take both the tyres off of the end of the car that's had the suspension work and check the inside side wall of each tyre looking for a gouge line that's at constant radius in the tyre.  In my case the Rotary experts immediately requested my car back and "adjusted" the suspension of my car.

#3 Subychheck

Subychheck

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 08:44 AM

Ill take a look, cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users