8 replies to this topic

#1 AdamFury

AdamFury

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:10 PM

Hi guys first time poster!

Long story short I own a MY10 Impreza RS which still has all the stock globes in it. I saw a photo on the MCM page of the WRX with what appears to be some gorgeous looking blue-ish headlights.

Just wondering if there's anyone around here that can shed some light (no pun intended) on what globes these might be so I can source them for my vehicle?

Cheers, Adam.

Attached Files

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,455 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:11 PM

Theyll be a HID of sorts. STI or WRX lights might be HID from factory in which case theyre youre best bet. Being factory theyll be 100% legal.

If not some ebay HIDs wil achieve the save effect albeit defectable and wont work quite as w

tIeW8DE.png

#3 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 04:53 PM

Philips globes are the whitest/bluest globes you can get. I used to buy them from carbulbsdirect.com.au they ship from UK.

If yours are HID they might be D2R, if non HID they'll be H7.

Osram also do a nice white-blue.

FYI if you run headlights as blue as those in the photo the cops will defect you.

#4 AdamFury

AdamFury

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 05:19 PM

Thanks for the responses guys.

Cheers Niko I'll take a look at Philips globes I notice they have a 'Diamond Vision 5000k' and an 'Extreme Vision 130%'

#5 NQRSoobee

NQRSoobee

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 06 June 2017 - 07:48 PM

I've been buying from https://www.powerbulbs.com/ , another UK web based retailer.  So far, touch wood, everything I've bought from them has worked and is still working (except for a "kangaroo" incident but that's not a bulb failure).

I've stayed with Halogens in my cars so I'm "legal" but have gone for something that's a bit whiter; which means I don't attract much attention yet have a well lit road in front of my cars.

#6 Niko

Niko

Member's Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,511 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:15 AM

+1 have used powerbulbs.com before as well.

#7 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 07 June 2017 - 11:21 AM

Curious, what's the difference in price buying them locally as opposed to online and shipped from the UK?

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

#8 NQRSoobee

NQRSoobee

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 June 2017 - 10:01 PM

Price difference is markedly different, about 1/2 to 2/3 the cost of buying local & that includes postage from the U.K.  With PowerBulbs it's a good idea to read their web page because there can be a banner or a small corner that looks like an Advert but is actually a discount code making the price even sweeter.

Unfortunately when shipped from the U.K. means you don't have them instantly like when shopping locally plus the globes can take up to two+ weeks to show up in the post.  If not in a mad rush, and normally I'm not for a set of headlight globes, then it's smiles all round.

#9 Liberty

Liberty

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,869 posts
  • Interests:tl;dr

Posted 08 June 2017 - 09:32 AM

That's crazy... definitely saving those links for the future then. Thanks mate.

Wanting to buy/looking for: single genuine STi rim, genuine STi front lip, Corazon or Zero/Sports grille and another OEM grille

Can you hook a brother up? Please contact me now. I have cash ready.

~

3fxl2Ca.jpg

~

2006 Liberty MY06 3.0R SpecB wagon

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: headlights, globes, subaru, impreza, rs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users