5 replies to this topic

#1 Arfreedom

Arfreedom

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:21 AM

I need help figuring this out. My car temperature is reading above normal near the 3/4 line but it doesn't overheat.
Attached File  IMG_1255.JPG   1.18MB   6 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1257.JPG   1.25MB   6 downloadsAttached File  IMG_1260.JPG   922.52KB   6 downloads
Did complete flush and it dint even had in a thermostat, anyways a bigger fan 12" ( so I have 2 -12" fans now), new thermostat and it still reading high.
Spoke with the Electrican and he doesn't think it's the sensor cause it would have thrown a error code. He also told me to cold start the car the see if it bubbles in the tank, an nope not that either.
My more pointless reasons???

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

#2 surge

surge

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 168 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:27 PM

Drive the car up a hill, then immediately jump out and look for bubbles in the overflow bottle.

#3 duncanm

duncanm

wha' who ?

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 01:40 PM

is it possible all is normal and its just the gauge/sensor out of whack?

Do the fans go on more than they should?

I note an aftermarket rad -- is the flow through it ok?  Has it been partially blocked because it wasn't grounded properly?

#4 Robert

Robert

Brappp

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,417 posts
  • Interests:Door Frames

Posted 24 June 2017 - 02:40 PM

You put the theormostat around the correct way yeah ?

In the pic of the old thermostat it's the wrong way around

#5 migoreng

migoreng

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 10:13 AM

Kong said it's a failing sensor behind the alternator. I haven't had a chance to troubleshoot/change mine yet (3rd gen B4).

No bubbles in my overflow, temp meedle spikes to 3/4 or hot randomly. Sometimes goes up to hot for a minute when i already turned the engine off. I pull out the key for a second turn to ON then needle is back to normal.

Once at a drive thru i saw the needle rapily go hot, normal, hot a few times. Lol

#6 Arfreedom

Arfreedom

Trusted Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 06 January 2018 - 01:34 PM

The solution was actually the gauge in the instrument cluster. When I change it. Everything is working now. Had to buy an entire instrument cluster. Thanks guy. That problem solved

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users