Photo

JDM Rear Garnish Centre Fog lights Wiring Help(GEN 3 B4)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 hahlos91

hahlos91

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 June 2017 - 04:31 PM

Hi all, I am having some problems wiring up my JDM rear garnish to my Gen 3 Liberty B4. I know why the centre fogs won't come on but I am not sure how to wire them up exactly so that they will come on, I have read other forums, however, I still cannot wrap my head around how to wire the fogs up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 Guest_KONG_*

Guest_KONG_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2017 - 12:44 AM

So you want them to work as extra tail and brake lights?

#3 Pyr0m4n14c44

Pyr0m4n14c44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 02:31 PM

What do you mean the center fogs?

Ive posted this on the liberty forums for my own ones, hope this answers the question..... 

The AUDM harness does not have boot parkers, just one rear fog light. It would be advisable to transfer the harness too to make things easier. The harness can connect directly into the AUDM feed connector.

But one thing to keep in mind, I used the JDM harness which came with my garnish and all lights worked perfectly EXCEPT the licence plate lights. The harness connects directly into the AUDM harness but the wiring for the licence plate lights are non existent. I linked the parkers to the licence plate lights and hey presto, all lights work now icon_biggrin.gif 

Good luck! If you need any more assistance, I'll be happy to help.

http://i.imgur.com/HDyxi7p.jpg Heres a picture of the outcome afterwards.

EDIT: Also keep in mind, the JDM garnish is tinted slightly....Learned that the hard way....Need to eventually buy side lights to even the tint out. I do not believe just tinting it would give it justice.

Also:

Does your socket which came with the Legacy plate come with the same light socket as http://forum.liberty...e.php?id=10913? If so , it should come with 3 cables, one is black and white, which are your brake lights, which you can hook up to your spoiler, left and right side brake lights. The red wire are your taillights, which can hook up to your current side brake lights with the same colour wire. I cannot see why you couldnt hook the tail lights up to your number plate lights, it should be the same wattage as the rest of.the brake lights. Obviously the black wire goes to ground so connect it to another black wire or something metal. With this setup, you will most likely have lots of cutting and wiring, but it should work for both tail lights and as brake lights, hope this helps mate.

MY01 Subaru Liberty B4 Tuned by Kido Racing

Body mods - JDM Front flairs and centre piece, STi rear spoiler

To Be Fitted: Blitz Front Mount Intercooler Assembly. (Wasn't cheap!)

Sequential twins are fun, nothing like letting your guard down then getting a swift kick in the arse at high revs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users