allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:20 AM

Hey all,

Quick question for those who have installed a Walbro fuel pump into a Gen 2 - is it as easy as the Gen 3's?

Have my old B4 (which already has Walbro installed) and the Gen 2 that everything is being thrown into from the B4, and was wondering how hard its going to be to just change the pumps over between the pump housings.

If its a bitch of a job, I'll just buy the one Nick has already (although the pump in that is a bosch pump with a little bit different specs to the walbro)

Bit of help here would be awesome.

Cheers,

Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,453 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:04 AM

Assuming you get the right one its a straight swap afaik. Gen 3 iirc uses a different style of pump at least in the DetschWerks range as it has the intake filter rather than in the engine bay

tIeW8DE.png

#3 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:15 AM

So the walbro I bought and put into the gen 3 will bolt straight into the gen 2 housing Nick?
Can't remember model numbers because of how long ago I did it, but it was the one that was piss easy to put into the gen 3 housing.
GSS342 rings a bell for some reason.

Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#4 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,453 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:19 AM

So the walbro I bought and put into the gen 3 will bolt straight into the gen 2 housing Nick?
Can't remember model numbers because of how long ago I did it, but it was the one that was piss easy to put into the gen 3 housing.
GSS342 rings a bell for some reason.

Cheers,
Ben

I dont know tbh. If the walbro is a generic 255LPH one it probably will. If its a gen 3 specific one I doubt it will without some bodging 

tIeW8DE.png

#5 regashi

regashi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:30 AM

Gen2s are easier and simpler to fit, and make fit fuel pumps.

Gen3s are notoriously harder, having all the plastic housings, requiring a specific size to make fit.

A bit of foam padding, and an oversized cable tie (rated to 100-120kg) and she's apples.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users