allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical, House Renos

Posted 19 July 2017 - 01:20 AM

Hey all,

Quick question for those who have installed a Walbro fuel pump into a Gen 2 - is it as easy as the Gen 3's?

Have my old B4 (which already has Walbro installed) and the Gen 2 that everything is being thrown into from the B4, and was wondering how hard its going to be to just change the pumps over between the pump housings.

If its a bitch of a job, I'll just buy the one Nick has already (although the pump in that is a bosch pump with a little bit different specs to the walbro)

Bit of help here would be awesome.

Cheers,

Ben

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 Spec C engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. In process of stripping.

MY97 Silver RX, aka 'The Track Toy' - All good bits from B4 will find their way into this...
MY03 Holden Commodore - Daily. Because good on fuel.

#2 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,771 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 19 July 2017 - 09:04 AM

Assuming you get the right one its a straight swap afaik. Gen 3 iirc uses a different style of pump at least in the DetschWerks range as it has the intake filter rather than in the engine bay

tIeW8DE.png

#3 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical, House Renos

Posted 20 July 2017 - 07:15 AM

So the walbro I bought and put into the gen 3 will bolt straight into the gen 2 housing Nick?
Can't remember model numbers because of how long ago I did it, but it was the one that was piss easy to put into the gen 3 housing.
GSS342 rings a bell for some reason.

Cheers,
Ben

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 Spec C engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. In process of stripping.

MY97 Silver RX, aka 'The Track Toy' - All good bits from B4 will find their way into this...
MY03 Holden Commodore - Daily. Because good on fuel.

#4 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,771 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 20 July 2017 - 09:19 AM

So the walbro I bought and put into the gen 3 will bolt straight into the gen 2 housing Nick?
Can't remember model numbers because of how long ago I did it, but it was the one that was piss easy to put into the gen 3 housing.
GSS342 rings a bell for some reason.

Cheers,
Ben

I dont know tbh. If the walbro is a generic 255LPH one it probably will. If its a gen 3 specific one I doubt it will without some bodging 

tIeW8DE.png

#5 regashi

regashi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 11:30 AM

Gen2s are easier and simpler to fit, and make fit fuel pumps.

Gen3s are notoriously harder, having all the plastic housings, requiring a specific size to make fit.

A bit of foam padding, and an oversized cable tie (rated to 100-120kg) and she's apples.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users