Photo

Mongoose M80 immobiliser/alarm - user's recommendations?

Mongoose immobiliser Mongoose M80

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 09 August 2017 - 10:08 PM

G'day all,

We're in the market for a couple of alarm systems for our brumbys and my sister's lib. Since all the dealerships for autowatch are on the wrong side of town from us, I've done some internet searching and have found the Mongoose M80S or M80i (dunno the difference, just the two code variations I've found).

My questions are for those that have a Mongoose alarm fitted to their subi's: how has the alarm performed for you and have you had any issues with it? Would you recommend using a mongoose unit?

I know all the extra features will be wasted on the brumbys but I like the three point immobilisation aspect of this unit.

All alarms will be installed by myself - Ruby Scoo is the same, that was installed almost ten years ago and I've not had an issue with it other than losing a key fob and the battery going flat in the other key fob two years ago. If they still made that immobiliser I'd be installing one of those without question.

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#2 bobbyjimmy

bobbyjimmy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 11 August 2017 - 11:32 AM

I've got an M80G (same as the S but with glass break sensor) in my Outback, I got an auto elec at work to install it so can't comment on that side but looking at it looked fairly straight forward (has it's own fuse blocks etc).

No issues with it at all after setting the sensitivity - but a couple of things I don't/didn't like and are really, really small things;

* the LED is blue, like a beacon it's that bright. I guess it's good to let people know you've got a blue flashing thing in your car, but is really bright. I changed it to a red one.

* the 30 second self immobilise is a good feature, but would like to be able to change it to 60 seconds as by the time you put a kid in the car/stuff in the back it's immobilised and you have to press the fob again to get it to dis-arm.

Like I said, really small things.

2002 Outback - it's gone...

#3 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 12 August 2017 - 11:02 PM

I'm getting one fitted next Sat, Ty has one and he's been happy with it.

#4 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 13 August 2017 - 11:49 AM

Awesome. Thanks guys.

I reckon we'll be headed down this track!

BJ, those little things like the auto arm is the same as what my L series unit does. I like it. But you're right about that blue LED. My brother had one fitted to his patrol and this was one thing that did bother him but seems to be a simple fix.

Time to get this sorted!

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users