Photo

Gen 2 brake lines compatibility with gen 3?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts
  • Interests:Cars, Stereos, Electrical

Posted 29 August 2017 - 07:11 PM

Ladies and Gentlemens, does anyone know if the gen 3 flex brake lines to each calliper fit to the gen 2 chassis and hard lines? I need to transfer the brembos and associated brake parts from the B4 to the track car, but don't want to have to buy a set of braided lines for the gen 2 if I can reuse the gen 3 ones.

Cheers,
Ben

MY00 Red RX, a nice daily that was sold off once the B4 became reliable...
MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY03 White/Silver H6 Outback, donor car for silver waghoon.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#2 El_Freddo

El_Freddo

Rock'n the old Skool

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,245 posts
  • Interests:Subarus, 4wd'n Subarus, travelling Subarus, Tinkering... I could go on!

Posted 29 August 2017 - 08:23 PM

I doubt the rear will transfer over - the brake line follows along the trailing arm. Where as from what I understand, the gen2 has the same sort of setup on the rear as it does on the front.

If you've got the two cars there, have a look at the two setups. It'll be pretty obvious if it'll work or not...

Cheers

Bennie
"The lounge room is not a workshop..."
https://www.imageshack.us/i/po1BKrxbj
1BKrxb.jpg
El Freddo's Pics    -    El_Freddo's youtube

#3 Barbbachello

Barbbachello

Touring Bruce

• SubyClub Area Rep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,456 posts
  • Interests:Docking

Posted 29 August 2017 - 10:33 PM

Fronts should rears wont

tIeW8DE.png

#4 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 30 August 2017 - 06:14 AM

Might as well buy a set of generics for the track car and sell the STi ones as a set.

MY02 Blue B4, aka 'The Project' - v8 JDM STi engine package and assorted other 'goodies' - Sold, then bought back for parts. Stripped and crushed.
MY03 Blue RX, the newer old daily, pretty well more B4 than RX now... In the process of being converted to the track toy... Watch this space!
MY02 Silver Wagon, H6 conversion, full blue/black leather and almost full black interior to go with it.
MY97 Silver RX, acquired to become track car, but plans changed. To be stripped and scrapped in time.

#5 CRUISN

CRUISN

Doin it my way.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,970 posts
  • Interests:Family, Surfing, Cars.

Posted 30 August 2017 - 07:54 AM

No on both counts.

Fronts are same fittings but use a different setup to hold the line to the strut between Gen2/3.

Rears are not even close due to Gen3 multi link rear.

OEM+

#6 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 02 September 2017 - 07:29 AM

Thanks Mark. Appreciate the knowledge!

#7 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 02 September 2017 - 01:47 PM

Might as well buy a set of generics for the track car and sell the STi ones as a set.

You should sell these to me m8.

#8 allpaw4

allpaw4

Chief Sparky

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,133 posts

Posted 08 September 2017 - 01:21 AM

Once I go through import monster and figure out how much I initially paid for them man, I'll pm you. Might be a month or 2 before they're removed from the car though. But I'm guessing you're probably in no rush lol

#9 Beckers

Beckers

OMAR Cubt

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,058 posts
  • Interests:Docking and eating dry meat, Living lyf in the TT VOD

Posted 11 September 2017 - 08:43 PM

Thanks m8

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users